Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 4/12/2014 6:45:46 AM EDT
The Raze. 1/4" thick 1075. about 7" overall. Black and Tan G10.  Kydex sheeth with shock cord belt attachment.

The bottom one is a short sword that I haven't named yet. Its the second longest blade I have made. 1/4" 5160. 14" overall length with a 5" handle and a 9" blade. Black and OD Green laminated G10 handles with a hidden lanyard hole on the end. Kydex sheeth. I really like this one!

Thanks for looking.

Link Posted: 4/12/2014 8:59:44 AM EDT
[#1]
That first one is awesome!
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 9:48:12 AM EDT
[#2]
They both look awesome but I am digging the first one!
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 10:10:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm liking that sword.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 1:49:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Both look great, very nice!
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:06:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The bottom one is a short sword that I haven't named yet.
View Quote

Given the Japanese lines, I would go with yojimbo .... bodyguard
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:16:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the only problem is that spyderco has a yojimbo model already lol.

those blades look great. would like to see a more EDC'able version of the sword (like 8" OAL or less)

btw smithy, PM me your website or something. i love pretty much all your blades and would be interested in purchasing one....
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:22:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

those blades look great. would like to see a more EDC'able version of the sword (like 8" OAL or less)

btw smithy, PM me your website or something. i love pretty much all your blades and would be interested in purchasing one....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. Yes, the Yojimbo is taken. I agree on a smaller version of the sword. I am thinking about a 4 1/2" handle and a 4" blade. I may order some material and try to make 4 or 5 of them this summer. I love Japanese style knives and I am starting to see more style from those in some of my more recent knives.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#8]
those are some outstanding knives, smithy. please pm me your website too..
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:41:48 PM EDT
[#9]
those are sweet!
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:33:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thanks. Yes, the Yojimbo is taken. I agree on a smaller version of the sword. I am thinking about a 4 1/2" handle and a 4" blade. I may order some material and try to make 4 or 5 of them this summer. I love Japanese style knives and I am starting to see more style from those in some of my more recent knives.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, phooey. Is Achates taken?  Should mean faithful companion....

As to making it shorter, it then becomes a Kwaiken... I would leave it longer, as currently there is not really any offering of this size and it would be well suited for some up close and personal work where you want a little more reach.  Lighter and faster than a 'hawk, it would be tough to beat in trained hands
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:19:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Very nice.  I especially like the short sword. Did you harden them yourself?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:18:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Very nice.  I especially like the short sword. Did you harden them yourself?
View Quote

Thanks. The short sword is my favorite also. Yes, I heat treat them myself using a paragon oven. I only heat treat oil hardening steels. I send my cpm3v and A2 blades to peters heat treat.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top