Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 2/21/2013 6:49:03 AM EDT
In a limited search I couldn't find anything on them, if its been covered I apologize. Anyone have one? Are they as nice as they look to be? Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 8:25:53 AM EDT
[#1]
No personal experience myself but they have a great reputation.  The only complaint I've ever heard of is the weight but that's the price you pay for the full tang.  They use an appropriate steel too, not some junk stainless that would look pretty but likely fail on you.  

Link Posted: 2/21/2013 3:05:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Love mine. They're expensive but to me they are works of art. And yes, it gets used. But I also use my Randalls.

You get a discount if you're a vet too. But you'll still wait. Mine took about 6 months.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 3:10:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got 2: a shrike and a traditional pipe hawk.
Ryan knows his shit and makes an excellent hawk
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 4:17:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input guys. I'm waiting on a 762 LaRue and one of these is next on my list.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I have owned a talon and Jenny wren. Both were well made and tough.  That being said I just really never had a use for them, anything I could use them for could be done just as well with a tool that is lighter and cheaper.  If was in a warzone or something like that
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 12:43:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 9:19:27 AM EDT
[#7]
It'll probably end up in a drawer next to my Browning Tomahawk. When it comes to restraint on cool guns and stuff like Gump says "I'm not a smart man".
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 7:59:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Hands down one of the finest hawks on the market today !
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 8:58:28 PM EDT
[#9]
If I ever had the burning desire to cut the door off an APC, I would reach for an RMJ tomahawk. I would choose others for use in the woods or at camp, but if you need to extricate something from a metal container, or affect interpersonal dynamics, they're fantastic tools.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top