BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Page / 24
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 8:59:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got my 4 in the mail today and holy crappie I am in love. Mine has the sharpened spine. It balances SO WELL in my hand. I wish the spine was not sharpened, but this would be a good defensive blade as well as all around use. I love this thing. I didn't realize it is 3/16 thick as opposed to the 1/8 inch 3. It is 150% thicker and I love it.
View Quote

I have the same 4 and regular 3. I am happy. If I  had to have one, then it would be the 4, even though I use the 3 more.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 9:37:07 PM EDT
[#2]
3Mil and Junglas came in today. The 3 is for me. The Junglas is for my son for Christmas.

I'm going to start carrying the 3Mil tomorrow. Should be way different than the Izulas I normally carry.

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I just received my newest ESEE, the 4 HM, and I think it might be the perfect one knife solution.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 3:43:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm back! If anyone recalls I was given a esee 4(at work, I worked at a cellphone store, yea random I know) a while back that was well used. It is serated and has the half double edge. It was missing the scales and the OEM sheath is missing all the hardware and in rough shape. It also looks like a older style and I like the newer molded sheaths

I have since regraduated again and pay went up and career changed.

So today I ordered TKC compact scales, a sharpener and a brown OEM sheath! I may possibly put the new scales on my nicer 3 and edc it then out the orange scales on my 4 and use it as a beat around the bush knife since it's been through alot already.

I know some here don't like the OEM molded sheath. But I like them. Probably will get a nice kydex for the one I choose for my warbelt since it'll be more quiet

I also got a esee 3 on Amazon last week when they were on sale for $60 with full kit. It is OD green with orange g10 scales.....

I also happened to order a Izula in venom green and some black g10 scales today as well....

I'm already kind of wanting a 5 for my war belt This is an addiction. Might as well get a junglas too.

Also shaved a chunk of skin off my thumb with the esee 3 messing around. Knives are sharp

Will regular gun oil remove the little bit of rust on the blade and the engraved logos?

Do the TKC extended scales fit in a stock molded sheath?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:23:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I see this in East Tennessee all the time. Do they have training based in this area?

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 2:20:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Also went on a little walk with my little girl today and spotted this in the neighborhood. Seems I have a fellow esee lover 5-6 houses up from me

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 3:18:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Took my ESEE-4 to drill this past weekend, and it was the perfect size for all-around camp chores out in the field. It's fast becoming my favorite knife of all time.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:27:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Well just got a Izula 2 on the EE. Now I just need a 5,6, LS and JUNGLAS
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:11:56 AM EDT
[#9]
I've been wearing my 4 hm for a couple weeks now.

Horizontal carry is perfect with this knife. The blade is essentially the size of the avalanche that I usually carry, so it feels a little small for a fixed blade.

That said - it tackles 95% of the chores I ask of a knife in the woods.

The grip felt a little funny at first, but the wider grip is comfortable at a variety of angles.

The AZwelke sheath (pancake) is just right.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 4:49:28 AM EDT
[#10]
TKC scales for my izula and izula ii are on the way!

Neon green and black for the venom green izula
Milspec camo for the od green izula ii

I'm thinking I'll put the ranger green with red liner on my 3. The OEM orange on my 4(if the TKC and OEM use same exact hardware)

Then I'd like to get some winter forest for the 4.

Pics soon. Scales should be here Monday. My beat up 4 sharpened up pretty nice and the izula 2 I got on the EE sharpened up as good as the new izula I have. I'll work on the 4 some more. Still good enough to shave hairs off my arms.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 12:40:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

<snip>

Pics soon. Scales should be here Monday.
View Quote

Until then................

Izula #3 for me. FDE with factory scales & Armatus Carry Solutions sheath plus nanoSTRIKER XL.

Link Posted: 10/29/2016 4:09:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Izula #3 for me. FDE with factory scales & Armatus Carry Solutions sheath plus nanoSTRIKER XL.

http://oi65.tinypic.com/2qmga5i.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<snip>

How do you like that sheath? It's saved in my bookmarks. Does it work for the 1 and 2? I notice they have different ones listed on website but the blades are the same.

I like the 3 and up molded sheaths because they secure with pressure around the grips, but the izula sheaths just have the tabs that the blade just pops by and look like they will eventually wear out

Heres my Izzies as they currently sit. Notice the black on the venom where the sheath is wearing off on it.

Link Posted: 10/29/2016 4:58:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

How do you like that sheath? It's saved in my bookmarks. Does it work for the 1 and 2? I notice they have different ones listed on website but the blades are the same.

I like the 3 and up molded sheaths because they secure with pressure around the grips, but the izula sheaths just have the tabs that the blade just pops by and look like they will eventually wear out
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<snip>

Yes, 1 & 2 are the same blade length. Only real difference when ordering is Factory ESEE Scales or TKC Scales. ( for profiling the "thumb nub" when drawing the knife)

I wear a 1.5 " Galco leather belt and the sheath wears well. If need to snug it a bit, the backside of the "pull the dot" strap has additional holes to accommodate that.

I also have an ESSE 3 that, although am comfortable with the kydex & "jump" molle sheath,
am indeed entertaining  another Aramutus belt sheath.

Link Posted: 10/29/2016 5:01:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Damn

Always a late responder I am

Looks great. And yes, I have a Venom Green also
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 2:24:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Well here's how they sit thus far. Now to get scales for my 4 then start building knives on the knife connection in the build a knife section so I can complete my collection.

What should I get next? Candiru, 5, 6, LS or Junglas?

Link Posted: 11/6/2016 9:17:54 PM EDT
[#16]
I sold my Junglas and Izula since I couldn't find a real use for them that other cheaper knives couldn't fulfill, but this thing is definitely here to stay.

Link Posted: 11/7/2016 5:11:07 PM EDT
[#17]

" />
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 7:23:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I see this in East Tennessee all the time. Do they have training based in this area?

http://i66.tinypic.com/4vln9u.jpg
View Quote

North Central AL.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

North Central AL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

North Central AL.

Wow. Thats like 4 hours from where I'm at
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 9:18:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

North Central AL.

If you are interested in training, DEFINITELY go see the folks at Randall's Adventure and Training (Esee). You won't regret it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:45:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Just ordered an izula ii.  My 1st esee.  

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:03:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:28:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Amazon has some pretty good deals right now.  Under $60 -4s w/o sheath.  Just over $60 -3s.  $76 -6.
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up.

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 8:34:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Amazon has some pretty good deals right now.  Under $60 -4s w/o sheath.  Just over $60 -3s.  $76 -6.
View Quote

Was looking for the 6. This is only one I could find. Worries me that it's the Ontario rat pictured?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:30:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

The -4 is tempting.... A Laser Strike at the same price would have been a One Click buy...
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 11:11:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Was looking for the 6. This is only one I could find. Worries me that it's the Ontario rat pictured?

http://AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/164030/IMG-3964-98503.JPG
View Quote

I ordered two of them at $72 each. One for me and one for a family member who is deployed for Xmas.

The knives I received were ESEE 6S-CP.  The description was a plain edge knife with a sharpened back edge/spine (no mention of serrations).  The photo of the amazon listing was of an RC-6S (no sharpened spine).  I was hoping I would receive a plain edge clip point as the description, but instead I got a combination of both the photo of the listing and the description.

I can't truly complain, as I picked up TWO ESEE 6 for the price of one.  I just hope the one I am gifting fits the individuals needs even with the serrations.

Link Posted: 12/8/2016 2:34:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Still a good deal regardless. I kinda like my utility knives to be pain edge non clip point cause there sharpened back edge kills the baton when you chopping wood.

I'm gonna buy a 5 though for my war belt. I do believe the serrations have a place in tactical fighting use.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 3:25:36 PM EDT
[#28]

got my izula 2 today
awesome knife.  

Link Posted: 12/8/2016 11:03:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Still a good deal regardless. I kinda like my utility knives to be pain edge non clip point cause there sharpened back edge kills the baton when you chopping wood.

I'm gonna buy a 5 though for my war belt. I do believe the serrations have a place in tactical fighting use.
View Quote

yep. sharpened back edge will probably do just fine in Kabul, AFG
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 1:13:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Anyone have. tertiary yet? Curious if it take Izzy or II scales
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 3:26:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Is it bad when you have a bunch of ESEE blades and cant remember what ones you don't have?

Candaru
Izula2 Daily carry blade
3 in Dark Earth
4 in green
4 in raw carbon (patina'd finish)
LaserStrike - So far this is my go to knife for large tasks.
black 6
Junglas
CM6
RB3
CR2.5

I'd like one of the modified 4's to try now. Almost every knife above has TKC scales on it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 11:19:16 PM EDT
[#32]

My limb trimmer.  Shinsakuto by Kimura Kanehiro.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 12:00:31 PM EDT
[#33]

Pssh if that clashed with a esee junglas it would break in half. The junglas is forged by mountain ogres from underneath the black Sea.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 12:40:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 12:50:28 AM EDT
[#35]
They've got a cleaver coming soon!
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 12:59:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 1:05:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Hmm.  What can it do that my junglas can't?

I guess I'll find out.  
View Quote

No idea but since when do we buy knives based on need?

Link Posted: 12/28/2016 11:50:58 PM EDT
[#38]
ESEE 4 HM... I removed the coating and polished the blade horizontally and down to 600.  It makes a great slicer and the balance on this knife is imho the best in the entire line.  The horizontal sheath is from Armatus, I sent the knife to him because it was the first that he had seen.  This one is serial number 27.

I am already on the list for the new 6 HM.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/29/2016 10:36:24 AM EDT
[#39]
I have a strange desire for a 5...
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 11:03:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

No idea but since when do we buy knives based on need?

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p40/bdwoowoo/ESEE/cleaver.jpg
View Quote

I feel like I need to buy just because.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 11:36:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
ESEE 4 HM... I removed the coating and polished the blade horizontally and down to 600.  It makes a great slicer and the balance on this knife is imho the best in the entire line.  The horizontal sheath is from Armatus, I sent the knife to him because it was the first that he had seen.  This one is serial number 27.

I am already on the list for the new 6 HM.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/55003/ESEE-4HM--9--115955.JPG
View Quote

More about this 6 hm.  I have a regular 4/6 and WISH I could get a 5 that was the same thickness.  I'll have to get the cleaver.  At this rate I'm only missing the 3 from my collection. And the hm series...
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 7:24:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Attachment Attached File

Here is my 3 ready to rock and roll. I'm heading out to my inlaws... this 3 is freshly sharpened and ready for prime rib duty.

I actually have a 4 until tomorrow- my little brother told me he was going to buy a Sog Seal Pup for 70 bucks. I told him I had a like new Esee 4 he could have for 60 and he was all about it. He's gonna get it tomorrow.

Gotta take care of the little siblings! The 4 is pretty nice. My next Esee will be a 5.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 9:10:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

More about this 6 hm.  I have a regular 4/6 and WISH I could get a 5 that was the same thickness.  I'll have to get the cleaver.  At this rate I'm only missing the 3 from my collection. And the hm series...
View Quote

I grabbed this image off of a dealer's site, it looks like line art from ESEE so I hope it is okay to post it here.

Specifications at this time according to various sites are: blade length = 5.75 inches, thickness = .187 and made of the traditional 1095 steel.  To my eye, this looks like your traditional rifleman's knife, and I plan on getting one as soon as they are available.  As I said, I think these are the best feeling knives in the entire line.

I think this one just begs for a cross draw sheath.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 11:00:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

A little late, but a good chance that may be Mike Perrin's ride. He is the co owner of R.A.T. / ESEE knives and lives up around the Holston river/New Market area.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:28:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Just got my new ESEE 5 yesterday, what a beast !!! it is a brute of a knife but was able to shave with it.
Izula 2 on my radar now !
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 3:02:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
3Mil and Junglas came in today. The 3 is for me. The Junglas is for my son for Christmas.

I'm going to start carrying the 3Mil tomorrow. Should be way different than the Izulas I normally carry.
View Quote

What is the platform your sheaths are attached to? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 6:18:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 1:36:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Raven Concealment Pocket Shields.
View Quote

Looks quite useful. Thanks again
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 11:22:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I have a strange desire for a 5...
View Quote

I like tools that I can abuse without tearing up. The 5 is awesome!
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 7:30:13 PM EDT
[#50]
TEst?
Page / 24
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top