Quoted:

What's that sheath?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did a new wrap on my Izula to match my turnout gear:

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t120/adam_perdue/2015-04-21%2006.27.02_zpslvdubnw1.jpg

What's that sheath?

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:28:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:38:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Reserving a spot to add photos of my stainless 4 with black TKC grips. I can't believe the difference. I was unimpressed with the scales when I first received them. They didn't look much different than the factory scales in the package. I was amazed at what a little extra material at the bottom made.

Bough an Esee Laser Strike for a birthday present for a brother of mine. I have been playing with it at his birthday is still a week out. I may have to get one for myself!
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:12:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

One I made for myself. Didn't like the one that came with it.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did a new wrap on my Izula to match my turnout gear:

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t120/adam_perdue/2015-04-21%2006.27.02_zpslvdubnw1.jpg

What's that sheath?

One I made for myself. Didn't like the one that came with it.  

Looks good. IM me if you're interested in making me one for my Izula 2. I don't check the blade forum very often.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:24:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Those uncoated models are nice looking, but......

if you don't use a method to put a patina on them, how do you keep them from rusting?

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:13:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

if you don't use a method to put a patina on them, how do you keep them from rusting?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Oil and use. I stripped a -3 and left it uncoated.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:21:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Post to change my subscribe options...
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:19:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

Link Posted: 5/11/2015 2:55:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I started with an OD green candiru.

Etched the logos, blued them, stripped it, sanded off the primer, and used mustard and apple cider vinegar to patina it a bit.

I made the scales and epoxied them on, the scout style sheath is from a member of the ESEE forum. I think im gonna like this little guy.

Link Posted: 5/11/2015 3:23:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Etched the logos, blued them, stripped it, sanded off the primer, and used mustard and apple cider vinegar to patina it a bit.

I made the scales and epoxied them on, the scout style sheath is from a member of the ESEE forum. I think im gonna like this little guy.

http://i.imgur.com/Xbd9CxB.jpg
View Quote

Phew, purdy...
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 4:24:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/Xbd9CxB.jpg
View Quote

That turned out fantastic!

Well done.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 5:17:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks guys!
Ive been sitting at my desk all day just working the sheath to get it loosened up.

ETA: i still need to do some finish sanding to get the scales perfectly mated, at which point ill mineral oil them-should look even better and protect them a bit.

ETA2: I did the finish sanding. Polished the spine all the way around and oiled the scales. Also stropped off the patina on the edge. I think this one is done.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 6:39:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Thanks guys!

Ive been sitting at my desk all day just working the sheath to get it loosened up.

ETA: i still need to do some finish sanding to get the scales perfectly mated, at which point ill mineral oil them-should look even better and protect them a bit.

ETA2: I did the finish sanding. Polished the spine all the way around and oiled the scales. Also stropped off the patina on the edge. I think this one is done.

http://i.imgur.com/pMgay65.jpg?1
View Quote

That, looks nice.  

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:24:49 AM EDT
[#15]
So how do the 3 and the 4 compare?  I've got the en vive for a new knife and I'm looking at these two.  It would just be for general use, nothing too serious.  Already have an Izula II and I really like it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 1:17:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So how do the 3 and the 4 compare?  I've got the en vive for a new knife and I'm looking at these two.  It would just be for general use, nothing too serious.  Already have an Izula II and I really like it.
View Quote

Posted by ARFCom-er AlanP in October of 2011 in this thread >

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 2:13:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the link and the pictures.  I knew there wasn't much difference in the length, but I had no idea the 4 was that much thicker.  Not that much difference in the price either.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#18]
On page 2 of the thread linked above, I posted some photos of an ESEE-3 along side some other knives...  
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 6:08:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 8:11:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Thanks for the link and the pictures.  I knew there wasn't much difference in the length, but I had no idea the 4 was that much thicker.  Not that much difference in the price either.
View Quote

Get both! Many here did and so did I. I got the 3 first.  I use it more, but if I could only have one, then it would be the 4.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 5:30:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Get both! Many here did and so did I. I got the 3 first.  I use it more, but if I could only have one, then it would be the 4.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

can't really swing both right now, but that's always a good idea.  Leaning toward the 4 for no reason in particular.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:50:23 PM EDT
[#22]
BTW, my 4 has the mil blade and the 3 is the regular,  non-serrated.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 11:17:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 12:51:12 PM EDT
[#24]
This is exactly why I bought the -4.

John

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:07:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

John

View All Quotes
Quoted:

John

Quoted:

Both of you will be getting another ESEE within 2 yrs.  It will likely be the 3 or maybe the Izula.  Don't hate me.  I'm just the messenger.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:27:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Both of you will be getting another ESEE within 2 yrs.  It will likely be the 3 or maybe the Izula.  Don't hate me.  I'm just the messenger.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/3/2015 7:07:56 PM EDT
[#27]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/550/771/7ac.jpg

Yeah, I got a RAT-3, followed by an ESEE-3 within a month. I'm jonesing for an Izula and an ESEE-4.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 12:11:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Highly recommend the Izula to anyone thinking about it. I keep one in my day pack and it weighs nothing and will do anything. I also purchased 2 for my brother and sister last year at Christmas time and they absolutely love them, carry them everyday just about. Only complaint is the stock sheath is garbage if you want it for belt carry.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 1:15:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
the stock sheath is garbage if you want it for belt carry.
View Quote

For sheath needs, I'd suggest Godspeed. There might be a wait time, but the work is great.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 4:24:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Sat I ordered the esee 6 and then the next day I ordered the 5. I couldn't make up my mind which one I wanted. Apparently I wanted both.
I haven't told my wife. She is going to think I have a problem, since I just got a BK9 three weeks ago.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 6:18:50 PM EDT
[#31]

Fishing.

Son and I also had our Izulas
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 6:55:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Put the Izula 2 on the Sharpmaker before heading out to Jurassic Park World this weekend.

Link Posted: 6/17/2015 6:14:21 PM EDT
[#33]
I couldnt decide on the 5 or 6 so I got both.  Knifeworks.com was great. I ordered the 6 on Saturday then ordered the 5 on Sunday.
By Mon they were both in the mail and I got them today on Wed a day earlier than they said it would take.
First impressions. The 6 feels like the most balanced knife ive everheld and the 5 is a beast. Im pretty confident I could use it to go through a block wall.
Im very stoked! I look forward to getting to know them much, much better.

Link Posted: 6/17/2015 7:38:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I couldnt decide on the 5 or 6 so I got both.  Knifeworks.com was great. I ordered the 6 on Saturday then ordered the 5 on Sunday.
By Mon they were both in the mail and I got them today on Wed a day earlier than they said it would take.
First impressions. The 6 feels like the most balanced knife ive everheld and the 5 is a beast. Im pretty confident I could use it to go through a block wall.

View Quote

Congrats! The Esee 6 is flat out awesome. The 5 is a chunk of serious steel. It was designed to cut of an aircraft fuselage.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 12:56:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Congrats! The Esee 6 is flat out awesome. The 5 is a chunk of serious steel. It was designed to cut of an aircraft fuselage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or out of a block prison.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:45:39 AM EDT
[#36]

Damascus izula really really like it
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 1:24:01 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm in the 3 or 4 dilemma right now as well. Already have an Izula and want to take advantage of the LE/MIL pricing!
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 2:58:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'm in the 3 or 4 dilemma right now as well. Already have an Izula and want to take advantage of the LE/MIL pricing!
View Quote

That depends on the use. What do you want to do with it?
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 6:09:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sort of general purpose. Want it for hunting season to carry on my belt.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 6:48:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For cleaning game, I'd use the -3. For a survival knife, I'd get the -4.

Whichever you get first will serve you well. But you'll end up with both.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 4:40:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Say Hullo to my little friend!

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 9:40:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Ooooooh shit!!!
I like that venom!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:50:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

For sheath needs, I'd suggest Godspeed. There might be a wait time, but the work is great.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What he said.  I have a Godspeed for my venom green 4.

I just ordered a venom green 3 to go with it.....
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:04:24 PM EDT
[#44]
A pic from using my LS to baton thru some beaver chew for shore lunch up in Canadia.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

3's here!

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:44:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Budget bling junglas. Bought it used and beat up for cheap. Etched the logos. Dremeled and rit dyed the scales. Buddy works at a polishing shop and hooked up the finish. Guess I added signal mirror to its list of survival uses lol.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:09:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Budget bling junglas. Bought it used and beat up for cheap. Etched the logos. Dremeled and rit dyed the scales. Buddy works at a polishing shop and hooked up the finish. Guess I added signal mirror to its list of survival uses lol.
http://forum.308ar.com/uploads/monthly_06_2015/post-12215-0-39776400-1434222589.jpg
http://forum.308ar.com/uploads/monthly_06_2015/post-12215-0-94448200-1434222613.jpg
View Quote

Holy crap that's is shiny! Keep oil on it. You wouldn't want to lose that shine.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:14:19 AM EDT
[#48]
I was going to do a home rust blue on it...but I didn't have a container big enough to boil it in solution. Bought my buddy lunch and he polished it for me. It will get beat up eventually and I'll try something else. Looks pretty cool for now.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 1:11:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Well, I just bought my first Esee knife mostly due to this thread . Midwayusa had some of their Esee knives on sale so I picked up a 3 for $90 w/free shipping. That was about the best I could find. Anyone finding any better deals?
I decided on the 3 as a general purpose knife for when I'm camping and backpacking. I felt it would be the best compromise on size, weight and usefulness. I'll try to post pics when I get it as I know that's what we all like .
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 2:11:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Just purchased my first ESEE as well. A black izula for edc. Will post pics of it tomorrow when I get it and wrap the handle.

My father has a spyderco swick that I EDC'd for a week. I really enjoyed having a fixed blade so I thought I'd give the izula a try and was inspired by this thread.

Pic's are in:

My first attempt at a paracord wrap, it's a little sloppy but I'll take it.

For anyone looking for a good horizontal belt carry method, the spyderco g-clip is a perfect fit for the factory sheath and works like a charm.

Page / 24
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top