Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 4:58:35 PM EDT
[#1]
The soon to be released RS Production model video cable is custom designed to work in concert with the RS Series thermal scopes for video recording and keep wiring from getting caught up or obstructing the scope:

[
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 7:29:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Have had a number of PMs whether or not you can see turkeys during the day with thermal....

Will have a short video later...
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 8:06:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Thermal video of a Gobbler and two hens for all those that have asked me if you can see turkeys during the day using thermal....wish the Gobbler would have puffed up for me, maybe next time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Le6lJRSytg&feature=youtu.be
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:04:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Here is a comparison video of the FLIR RS64-35mm scope and the FLIR RS32-35mm scope of a couple of deer in my backyard.

Heavy cloud cover, 100% humidity, 70*F and about to rain....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mQzEoPb5dU&feature=youtu.be
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 11:26:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry guys, i changed it to private for the time being as the RS-64 that I was using for the video is a preproduction original prototype, while the RS32 I used is an actual commercial model.

The video drivers for the two systems are different (the new production models have newer video drivers) and the output through the video channel out to the DVR is different for the different brightness and presets, so I am going to have to get a newer production RS64 model to be able to give them an adequate comparison when both are setup exactly the same way.

I was very impressed with the RS32-35mm though, it is a strong unit and I took out my old mil-spec FLIR GS T-50 with the older 25 micron core and 60mm lens to compare side by side to it and they match up very well out to 250 yards, covering my entire stand was a piece of cake with both units.

The RS32 has a bit lower resolution and would make for a more difficult positive ID out past 225 yards, but as far as targeting goes, not a problem. Very nice unit for the bucks IMHO.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:19:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Got a nice pic of a deer out of the RS32-35mm:

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 11:53:54 PM EDT
[#7]
100 yard standing ear hole shot, did not move an inch......

Entrance:

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:07:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice shot.  How many tons of hog meat do you have in freezers?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:39:22 AM EDT
[#9]
3 freezers worth, 2 of sausage
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top