Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2017 6:57:02 AM EDT
http://www.vaguntrader.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1205735/gonew/1#UNREAD

I have no connection to above post.  Just passing it on.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 5:43:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Used version of the "how cheaply can we make a .50 without actually killing someone" rifle - what could go wrong????
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 10:10:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Used version of the "how cheaply can we make a .50 without actually killing someone" rifle - what could go wrong????
View Quote
Are you saying that there is a design flawless that puts shooters of the rn-50 in harm's way or do you just not like the rifle?

I fail to see how getting more 50's on the market regardless of price point is a bad thing. IMHO it is better for us when there are more 50 bmg shooters.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 10:49:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Are you saying that there is a design flawless that puts shooters of the rn-50 in harm's way or do you just not like the rifle?
I fail to see how getting more 50's on the market regardless of price point is a bad thing. IMHO it is better for us when there are more 50 bmg shooters.
View Quote
I think that the .50 BMG is not a round to be trifled with, and I think that watching a few YouTube videos from the "designer" Royal Nonesuch doesn't inspire confidence in the designer, therefore the design.  Frankly the dude appears off-the-rocker nuts and I wouldn't trust anyone's well-being to something he designed in .22LR let alone 50!

Given the amount of dangerous surplus .50 ammo out there and morons blindly "reloading", I personally wouldn't buy a used .50 from someone I didn't know very well.

YMMV, it's your life, etc.  Just my $0.02 not adjusted for inflation.  By all means, feel free to buy an RN-50 used or new.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 12:51:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 2:02:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks nice.. $875 intro price would have been sweet for this new concept..
Seems too scary for me too consider.  
Would rather go for Armorlite. for another $900 on the Used Market.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 4:36:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I think that the .50 BMG is not a round to be trifled with, and I think that watching a few YouTube videos from the "designer" Royal Nonesuch doesn't inspire confidence in the designer, therefore the design.  Frankly the dude appears off-the-rocker nuts and I wouldn't trust anyone's well-being to something he designed in .22LR let alone 50!

Given the amount of dangerous surplus .50 ammo out there and morons blindly "reloading", I personally wouldn't buy a used .50 from someone I didn't know very well.

YMMV, it's your life, etc.  Just my $0.02 not adjusted for inflation.  By all means, feel free to buy an RN-50 used or new.
View Quote
I'm in agreement on this.  When I first saw the design, I decided I would never put my face behind such a flimsy platform....Serbu built or not.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top