Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2017 2:25:08 AM EDT
A friend had a close relative to pass on, and he cam back with several large boxes of ammo. He was trying to sell some of it, and did quite well in doing so.
Some of the ammo was 50 cal ammo, and he didn't know anyone who shot it, and wondered if I could help. His description of it seems to be the old Dominican ammo that was dangerous to shoot, as he said it had a yellow tip. But he is not an ammo guy, and he may have gotten it wrong.
He did say it came in a white box and said new ammo. This kinda tells me it was loaded with new components, but not a factory ammo.
I know some of the old Dominican was taken apart and reloaded with new powder, but I think the bullets were not to spec.
So my questions are, if anyone remembers, what was the headstamp, and if it is that ammo, is it good for anything? Maybe the brass?
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 2:38:20 AM EDT
[#1]
If dominican, pull the bullet dump the powder and find way to kill the primer.

Make dummy/display rounds out of what is left over.

Dominican is crap.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 5:21:46 PM EDT
[#2]
He got 100 rounds... don't think he will, or even can take them apart. If this is the same stuff, I will find some info on them and let him know I will dispose of them. Kill the primers and sell to a scrap yard. If it's not this same stuff, then I will try to sell them for him.
Thank....
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 8:07:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, got a round to look at. It shows to be 50 over 61, which I take to be of the same stuff that came in. It's a shame to have to tell him, but it is what it is.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top