Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 3/8/2017 8:16:15 PM EDT
Wanted to see if anybody has done a barrel swap on one of these? Someone I know is selling one with a 18.5 inch barrel. While that may be fun I would prefer something closer to 30" especially for a 50 bmg. Anybody here done a barrel change or know who could? Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 3:26:29 PM EDT
[#1]
What are your plans for the rifle?

I have a 30 inch tube and it is way long for anything I am going to do with it.

The 18" tube should be fun and handle a lot better.  But you will loose some speed.

But if not needed for full speed you could just stick with short tube

Just my thoughts
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 7:47:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply and thoughts. I Don't have any dedicated plans for the rifle yet. Like the idea of a magazine fed. Am considering the ba50 as well but I generally walk a good bit to areas I shoot and I'm afraid it's too heavy which leads me to looking at the uppers. While the 18.5 would be easier to pack it just seems too short for my taste on something like a 50 bmg.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 7:52:15 PM EDT
[#3]
My 30" is very heavy. Very hard to fire off hand. Wouldn't want to walk real long distance with it on my back in the case.

If you want only want it for fun. The short barrel may be better for you.

You said it is your friend that has it. Go shooting with him and see how you like it.

If you buy it make sure you get the hammer spring and stuff from inside the frame.

It has a different hammer and spring then what is on a standard ar15 lower.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top