Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 2/25/2017 9:04:04 PM EDT
I am going to re-chamber my DShK's to 50 BMG and am looking for a good set of reamers for the job. Have a smith and machinist all lined up, just don't know which one would be the best for this project.

Any suggestions folks?
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:54:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm using a Pacific Tool reamer that was used once when I got it. Other top gunsmiths use Manson reamers. Each has their following.
Mil-Spec reamers are available thru a rental program online (can't remember brand).
EDIT: https://www.reamerrentals.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=50BMG.s

My reamer is ground specifically for a Match Chamber (0.5540" neck dia) with Hornady Amax needs. I have used solid brass projectiles with great results - multiple 4" & 6" 5-shot groups at 1000 yards during FCSA competitions.
I have cut 7 chambers and it is in need of a re-grind after cutting a heat-checked SS barrel that was set back 4".
My reamers has multiple bushings on nose to match to a correct diameter of barrel bore.

I setup my LeBlond tool room lathe with coolant thru spindle and barrel. This made chambering very easy - done in 2 extended cuts. You can see the chips being flushed out flutes of reamer, assuring you are maintaining a consistent tool pressure while cutting. Finish of final chamber was very nice, no sanding or honing required.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top