Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2017 5:35:41 PM EDT
I have been looking at various single shot .50's for the past few days and I realized that Serbu and Safety Harbors are almost identical. Even there AOW pump shotguns look close to one another. Why is this?

Did one of them steal the others idea on some stuff? Did they use to work together and had a falling out and each has there own company, both are in Florida?

I realize that there is only so many ways to make a single shot .50 or a pump AOW shotgun, but the similarity is kind of odd. What are the differences between the 2 .50's if any?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 5:38:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Walter used to work for Serbu. He quit, went to work for himself and started making stuff that was directly Marks.
That's the short and sweet of it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Safety Harbor appears to have a bit better reputation than Serbu.  Based on what I saw just a couple of years ago with Serbu's upper and down payment with no delivery....I'd guess that the SH folks got tired of being associated with the problems at Serbu.  During that upper receiver ordeal other historical examples of Serbu doing the same thing we're brought up, along with Serbu's apparently high turn over of employees.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:59:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Safety Harbor appears to have a bit better reputation than Serbu.  Based on what I saw just a couple of years ago with Serbu's upper and down payment with no delivery....I'd guess that the SH folks got tired of being associated with the problems at Serbu.  During that upper receiver ordeal other historical examples of Serbu doing the same thing we're brought up, along with Serbu's apparently high turn over of employees.
View Quote

Still a copycat.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:18:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Still a copycat.
View Quote
So are most of the firearms on today's market...
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:14:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Mark's a great engineer but, in my opinion, not an effective businessman.  He'd be well-served hiring a business manager and leaving them to handle the front office while he creates amazing stuff in the back.

Walter's a genius businessman but, in my opinion, not an effective engineer.  He'd be well-served hiring an engineer and leaving them to handle the back office while he keeps profitability and shipping proper in front.

That's just my opinion.  If they could ever work together again, they'd be an unstoppable force.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:54:05 PM EDT
[#6]
It would only last Two Weeks !
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:20:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It would only last Two Weeks !
View Quote
Given rumors I've heard, two weeks might be hopeful.

Mike
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top