Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 1/9/2017 4:25:50 PM EDT
The noreen 50. A shell holder design for $1,999.00 & a piece of junk. This guys does a review and trys to sell it off as a good buy but gezzz. Just read it.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/50bmg-1999-noreen-ulr-review-range-report/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=20170109_BlogDigest_206&utm_campaign=/blog/50bmg-1999-noreen-ulr-review-range-report/
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 4:48:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Based on the videos, why anyone wouldnt save a few pennies and buy and AR50 is beyond me.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 4:49:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I have not watched your video, but have handled several Noreen 50's.

All I will say is I won't buy one, because it is to cheaply made. Cheap as in details, mainly deburring any area that will cause injury to the shooter. Covering it up with CeraKote does not solve the problems.

Hope others have a better review than mine - cheap does not mean getting hurt shooting it.

Will watch now...................................................................................
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 5:03:53 PM EDT
[#3]
After watching video, I still won't buy one or shoot one.

Using my AR-50 I have shot a 5-shot group under 5" at 1000 yards - the Noreen comes no where close to that.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 5:07:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Why anyone would buy that POS when you can have an AR-50 for less then $1k more is beyond me.  Especially when the AR-50 is one of the most accurate and easy shooting .50's out there.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Does the piece of wood come with it or is that an addon?
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 5:44:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does the piece of wood come with it or is that an addon?
View Quote

Its a custom aftermarket accessory.  I can sell you one for the introductory price of $99.  And Ill throw in free shipping.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 5:45:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 6:12:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I own an AR50 and I would buy one of these for under $2k. I was on the fence all of last year about getting one, and decided on the AR50. I love it, but still want something like the Noreen as well.

If I found one used for $1500 I would snap it up ASAP.

Also, the ULR Chassis for both the AR50 and Noreen look great.

http://cdn6.bigcommerce.com/s-g2hms5l/products/83/images/280/ULR_Extreme_right__89281.1424882440.1280.1280.jpg?c=2
View Quote

Did you not see the scope mounting holes that were off , horriable grouping with match ammo, and the 10lbs trigger that left there factory to a reviewer? Not to mention in the video he does, it takes some wiggling to even get the dam thing to chamber. Its a free country and you can buy what ya want but dont say you wernt warned.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 8:23:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 7:07:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
...My only hangup was the shell holder design ...
View Quote

Ditto. I'd rather get a State Arms, or even the Serbu RN50 if I'm looking at shell holders too
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 8:06:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I had one. Their Gen 1 like in the video. It came with a rod under the barrel, machined for a cheap Chinese crappy clamp on bipod. Which it would then proceed to break. For the low low price of $200, they'd sell you a better bipod.

You could see machining marks all over the bolt. Wouldn't chamber without gobs of grease all over it. The hammer or hammer handle to extract cost extra.

Damn thing weighed 34 pounds. I never achieved 1 MOA accuracy, but that very well could have been me, rather than the gun.

The spring loaded stock was a nightmare. Used a couple of TINY clips to hold it in place. Amazed they never broke. Or got lost. Couldn't store it in my safe with the stock extended. On the bright side, the springs DID soak up recoil. Not that a 34 pound rifle with a huge brake had a lot of recoil.

I no longer have it. Don't waste your time. Shell holders suck to begin with, and Noreens suck more than others. The one shown in the picture is their 2nd Gen, and isn't THAT much of an improvement.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 10:06:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top