Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2016 5:44:46 PM EDT
Still no word from Survival Ops - I can only assume they are no longer active at all.   (If you remember the Old Thread, the primers were not seated well and I was getting quite a lot of failure to fires).

But in other news - the guys at Dakota Arms (Bushmaster Custom Shop) called me and said that my Cobb Bolt cannot be updated with the new firing pin design - it just isn't possible.  BUT - they are going to fit a new bolt to my rifle - just need to send the rifle in as well.  (I shipped the bolt in November).

They sound like good (super busy) people.  Told me the turn around would be about a month - but that I would essentially have a Bushmaster BA50 with the Cobb name on it - so that all the new parts (springs, pins and such) would all be easily replaced.

Not sure what it will cost, but the shop head promised me he would "treat me right" and it "won't be bad."  

I'll update again when I get it back.  Hopefully that big, clunky, heavy firing pin will be replaced with the new lightning fast design with spring - should make a big difference when hitting hard primers.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 4:46:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Holy shit.

I got my BA50 back yesterday.

They installed a front rail on the handguard - changed out the BCG - headspaced everything - shipped it back to me...

AND DID IT UNDER "WARRANTY".

It's a COBB, not a Bushmaster.  But they called me to tell me they would be taking care of me.  I almost couldn't believe it.

The dudes at the Remington Custom Shop are badass.

They also informed me that the normal headspace on a BA50 is 42.  They sometimes open them up to 62 for Mil surplus stuff.  His gauge goes up to 92...   And mine wasn't even dragging.  They took the barrel off and re-installed and headspaced everything

I couldn't be happier.

Now the snow needs to go so I can get back out to the range.

Link Posted: 3/16/2017 3:46:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:22:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I did talk with him.  Thanks!

I was talking about sending him my ammo - but never got around to it.

I'm curious what it will do with the new headspacing.

I think MrBren will be the place I go when I need more ammo though.  
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top