Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 12/18/2016 9:26:46 PM EDT
I searched google and found a few threads but nothing definitive. Many of my surplus bullets are oxidized and the tumbling required to get them looking nice removes the painted tips. I don't want to accidentally get a incendiary mixed in when we have dry conditions out here.

Has anybody replicated the dipping paint the use for bullets? I'm thinking a thin lacquer paint of some sort and perhaps preheat the tip with a heat gun?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:48:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 1:04:25 AM EDT
[#2]
What he said but use odd colors such as neon green. Tell others you have uber ultra rare ammo.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 2:41:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:02:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's pretty funny but the only problem you could have is if the wrong person saw them! If you live in a state that doesn't allow them, you could have some 'splaining to do...

You could paint some up to look like the Nuke 50 rounds like Birdman made a parody of. Or put a piece of fake carbon fiber sticker around the end and tell them it's for penetrating stealth aircraft.

Just think of all the fun you can have!
View Quote

Now you got me thinking. Perhaps some scraps of the hydrographics film. I don't have enough free time for this but if I could just buy a bottle of lacquer and dip them and put them in a drying rack I'd be game. After all most of the surplus bullets I bought are doing a hell of alot better than my 401K
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 7:16:36 PM EDT
[#5]
get a magnum sized marker from a art store

drill a small divot in the ends, put in bullet/twist, dries in a couple seconds.

else drill some 3/8" holes in cardboard, stick rounds through spray paint tips

done both, prefer the marker
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top