Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2016 6:27:53 PM EDT
Some corrosion/rust. Reloaded? Would you shoot it?

Link Posted: 12/7/2016 10:08:27 PM EDT
[#1]
all?

get both?

87?
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 10:17:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 12:21:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Id break them down and use the bullets, save the l.c. brass, throw the other in the scrap pile, use powder in flower bed. With the 50, if you have to ask its not worth the risk.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 12:35:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 1:41:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Is the stuff with FN as part of the headstamp actual FNH ammo? I'd buy one of those off of you if that's true.

That DM 4 headstamp is most likely WW2 era. Would be worth keeping or selling.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 11:29:33 PM EDT
[#6]
From that mix of headstamp, it looks like TNW reloads. Mixed casings, loaded with either extruded powder or ball powder, wildly varying charge weights anywhere for 210 to over 240 grains. Pull down projectiles. Powder sometimes in stages of decomposition. Some cases dented, will not chamber.

Your links are rusting, looks also like possibly some yellowish dust on the ammo/links, could be a sign of powder decomposition.

I have shot a bunch of it through a semi M2HB, but have resorted to pulling it down for components. There have been reports of people blowing up guns with it.
I wouldn't recommend shooting it.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top