Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2016 1:19:52 AM EDT
M82s for 6700, did they overproduce ahead of the election?
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 1:34:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been seeing those kind of prices as well.  

Pretty tempting.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:37:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Cheapest I have seen is about $7100 where are you seeing $6700?
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:24:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 10:00:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

https://www.slickguns.com/product/barr-m82a1sys-m82a1-50bmg-rifle-sys-8197?view=list
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 8:56:50 AM EDT
[#5]
That ad may be out of date. Anybody check with buds recently to see if that price is still available?
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 6:11:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe unloading inventory before the bitch gets elected and she tries to ban all firearms. Wish I had the bucks for a barret semi auto 50BMG. Sold my 50BMG bolt and am regretting it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 8:35:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine was $6850 after shipping and transfer fees at my local shop.  I ordered it from Prepper Gun Shop so I could save over the taxes from Buds.  

I then scored a Leupold Mark 4 for $599 from Cabelas and bought the Barrett zero gap rings.

Link Posted: 9/30/2016 1:19:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Congrats you lucky guy. I miss reloading for my 50BMG. It was fun.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 9:20:33 PM EDT
[#9]
$6400 now!!!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 9:48:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
$6400 now!!!!
View Quote

If you live out of the state of KY this is a steal!

Wonder how low they can go??
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 10:07:36 PM EDT
[#11]
If were anywhere else id say great deal. There are to many bad reviews on buds for me to risk a $500 gun, much less this.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 10:50:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm confused. Slick guns says $6400 but buds website lists $8846. Do you have to request that price or something?
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 11:06:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm confused. Slick guns says $6400 but buds website lists $8846. Do you have to request that price or something?
View Quote

read the instructions
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 11:24:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm gonna burn a hole in my savings and the credit card if that cunt wins.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 11:00:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If were anywhere else id say great deal. There are to many bad reviews on buds for me to risk a $500 gun, much less this.
View Quote

When you deal with the volume they do, you are going to have slip ups.  The high majority of their sales go smoothly.  I've never bought a thing from them but wouldn't think twice to do it.  Unfortunately, they are local so I would have to fork out close to $400 in taxes if I bought through them.  So I went through Prepper Gun Shop instead and couldn't have asked for a better experience.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 2:57:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

read the instructions
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

read the instructions

I took a look even though I'm not in the market for another 50. How do they pricematch a website that isn't even selling the item?
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 7:04:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why wait? You KNOW you want it!

Link Posted: 10/2/2016 12:59:14 AM EDT
[#18]
So very tempting, but really, really, really, don't want to go there as I ordered a M99 Thrursday.

--- temptation too much.  But price match was a bit off, and can not process the payment without human intervention.  Will call back during normal business hours.

I am not 100% happy with the terms of service.  They will not hold items for a check/money order purchase, cc is a user fee, and my bank (and probably many others) limits eft's to be,ow the purchase price.  The last can be done with multiple eft's, but not within the website.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:49:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So very tempting, but really, really, really, don't want to go there as I ordered a M99 Thrursday.   --- temptation too much.  But price match was a bit off, and can not process the payment without human intervention.  Will call back during normal business hours.

I am not 100% happy with the terms of service.  They will not hold items for a check/money order purchase, cc is a user fee, and my bank (and probably many others) limits eft's to be,ow the purchase price.  The last can be done with multiple eft's, but not within the website.
View Quote

Call Prepper Gun shop and see if they can compete with the price(they are the second best price on Slick Guns anyways).  They don't charge you for the CC and are really REALLY good to deal with.  

I took mine to a get together yesterday and it was a hit!  Everyone got some range time with it and smiles were everywhere!

Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:51:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So very tempting, but really, really, really, don't want to go there as I ordered a M99 Thrursday.   --- temptation too much.  But price match was a bit off, and can not process the payment without human intervention.  Will call back during normal business hours.

View Quote

Call Prepper Gun shop and see if they can compete with the price(they are the second best price on Slick Guns anyways).  They don't charge you for the CC and are really REALLY good to deal with.  

I took mine to a get together yesterday and it was a hit!  Everyone got some range time with it and smiles were everywhere!

Link Posted: 10/3/2016 1:11:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Will make a few calls tomorrow.  I think I am going through a midlife crisis or something.  It all started last Monday.  My 4H season had ended, and I wanted to work on my son's 22.  Accidentally stumbled across a baby Anshultz while trying to find a Savave cub.  In went downhill from there...

---

No joy talking with Buds.  Their online system is devoid of human intervention.  That said, I get cash back on my visa, so that at least helps with the hurt of the 3%.  Plus the CC insures immediate onto glass and rings.  Was going to work on a feed plot this afternoon, but wife's daughter talked her into getting a pedicure together.  Oh well, means I was stuck home shopping.  Was stuck home yesterday as well, but was more ambitious and built a lower, played musical glass (think I am a scope short, before this purchase), and did some reloading.  Will shop some more, then back to the reloading bench.

---

Decided on putting a Mk 4 ER 4.5-16 FFP M5 TMR (mil/mil) on top.  Yes I know there is newer glass that is better, and newer glass they is cheaper, but it was discounted enough to make its retro appeal seam right for this rifle, this time.  This last year has been my year of scopes, as it will join a Vortex Viper, Vortex Razor HD, and a Sig Tango6 all mil/mil FFP.

---

Just an update.  Ordered last Monday, paid with cc to get fastest shipping.  As of Sunday the order is still being processed.  Simpler solution is that their "in stock" meant one of their suppliers said they were in stock.  Even then, either their supplier is getting UPS's hurricane special delivery times, or was not it of stock.

Could be worse.  The scope order got messed up, and I forgot to order the rings as well.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 1:13:38 AM EDT
[#22]
I thought I got a good deal at $7000.  Maybe I should have waited a few more months and saved a few hundred more bucks.  Nah....I'm happy with it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 2:01:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Got a M107A1 to go with my M82
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 1:16:08 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote
I paid $7800 for mine in 2008 from Buds with no issues.

Not sure how they are now.

Link Posted: 10/16/2016 1:17:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

http://i68.tinypic.com/r03sp4.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i68.tinypic.com/r03sp4.jpg
come to the Dark side....

Link Posted: 10/16/2016 11:07:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Just an update, mine came in Friday.  LaRue got my mounts to me in about 24hrs (remarkable considering I thought Columbus Day was a mail holiday.  My glass however is still awol. Will call them after I check mail tomorrow.  The payment cleared my cc a week ago.

-

Buds came threw w/o much effort. They were extremely inflexable with payment (I had a 5k eft limit per transaction.  They said it was impossible to split my payment.). They were slow, shipping on day 8, arriving on day 12.

I screwed up with my scope order.  I did not see the scope price from LaRue included the base.  I save a lot less than I thought I did by ordering the scope from elsewhere.  LaRue got me my mount in less than 24hrs.  Today was 2 weeks on my scope and the company finally sent me a shipping notice (after I called them today, and after I called them last Monday).  Should have used LaRue.

That said, still waiting on my September 2015 Tranquillo, so not all LaRue orders are super fast...
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 7:32:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Ordered an M82a1 for $6,999 today.  Figured they probably aren't going to get any cheaper, so why not.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 9:57:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Where did you order from?
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 1:55:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 7:29:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

+1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

+1

Where for 6700?
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 8:44:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Grabagun has them for that now

If I could get a CQ for that I would jump
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 8:50:04 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote
only one I see is the 82qc for $8633

Link Posted: 11/23/2016 11:46:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Prepped had the 82CQ for like 7200ish
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 12:48:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Use the grab a quote feature.  I bought a 82A1 that way.  Website price was $8,600ish, but the quote they send will be much lower.  Mine was $6,999 + $5.99 shipping.  That was before the election, so they might be cheaper now.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 7:43:30 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Use the grab a quote feature.  I bought a 82A1 that way.  Website price was $8,600ish, but the quote they send will be much lower.  Mine was $6,999 + $5.99 shipping.  That was before the election, so they might be cheaper now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

forgot about that

Link Posted: 11/26/2016 1:42:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Ordered a M82A1 for $6700 + $5.99 shipping just now. Looking forward to this!

What source do you guys use for plinking ammo that won't break the bank? (Relatively speaking here, I mean.)
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 1:58:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Ordered a M82A1 for $6700 + $5.99 shipping just now. Looking forward to this!

What source do you guys use for plinking ammo that won't break the bank? (Relatively speaking here, I mean.)
View Quote

American Eagle from Palmetto has been the best deal I have seen in a while. At one point it was under $2 a round.Like everything else from them you just have to keep a eye out for it to pop up on sale.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 11:46:22 PM EDT
[#38]
How about scope ring recommendations? I have a Burris 4-20 w/ Horus reticle that I'm going to use on this, but I'm not sure what's optimal in terms of rings and what ring height to use. 50mm lens.

edit: never mind, looks like Barrett themselves recommend 1.4" high http://forum.barrett.net/viewtopic.php?t=2082
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 6:34:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Barrett Zero Gap rings on a Leupold scope.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 5:49:23 PM EDT
[#40]

Awesome.  Nothing like shoulder firing a .50

I used to shoulder my LAR Grizzly a bunch.  I haven't tried it with the BA50 yet - it's been in the shop.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 12:12:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
How about scope ring recommendations? I have a Burris 4-20 w/ Horus reticle that I'm going to use on this, but I'm not sure what's optimal in terms of rings and what ring height to use. 50mm lens.

edit: never mind, looks like Barrett themselves recommend 1.4" high http://forum.barrett.net/viewtopic.php?t=2082
View Quote

I used Badger Ordnance ultra high Max 50 rings. No complaints.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 12:56:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went with a Spurh mount, not cheap but it is a beast of a mount.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 1:14:30 AM EDT
[#43]
+1 for the SPHUR. I put one on my TRG, they are bombproof. I kinda skimped on the top end of the M82 because I was just going to shoot ball though it. It has a 3X15 Super Sniper on it right now.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 1:24:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
+1 for the SPHUR. I put one on my TRG, they are bombproof. I kinda skimped on the top end of the M82 because I was just going to shoot ball though it. It has a 3X15 Super Sniper on it right now.
View Quote

What's sad is the pic right there and we both spelled it wrong, lol. Swedes spell stuff funny. SPUHR is impressive stuff though.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 10:30:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top