Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2016 10:17:21 AM EDT
Does anyone here have any experience with Athlon Scopes?  The price and features seem good and they have a lifetime warranty.  I need a scope for my new AR-50 and do not want something that will fall apart after 20 rounds.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 6:29:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd check with the manufacturer and get get something in print if a .50 BMG doesn't void the warranty.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 7:17:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 8:35:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a konus M30 on mine and it has only shit the bed completely one time in the past few years. Lifetime
Warranty and they took it back and sent me a new one.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 12:59:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a konus M30 on mine and it has only shit the bed completely one time in the past few years. Lifetime
Warranty and they took it back and sent me a new one.
View Quote

I put a Night Force on mine for the lifetime warranty. Hoping I don't need it, and hoping they honor it if I do.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I blew my load getting the gun and now I need a 300-400$ scope and then start saving my pennies to purchase a Nightforce in a few months.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 6:06:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I blew my load getting the gun and now I need a 300-400$ scope and then start saving my pennies to purchase a Nightforce in a few months.
View Quote

Well then look into the supersniper as it resides on two of my .50. Much like you I didn't have a lot when I first bought my .50 and I got the supersniper. I have since saved up and picked up a couple nightforce scopes but the super snipers are still going strong on some of the plinking .50.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 4:25:34 PM EDT
[#7]
scope

This is the scope I have on my zell custom 50, It inst the most clear scope at very long distance but it is usable, it has with stood about 200 rounds and have not as much as shifted zero. I did get a second set of rings for it, That is right the scope sits in 4 scope rings.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 4:58:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Well then look into the supersniper as it resides on two of my .50. Much like you I didn't have a lot when I first bought my .50 and I got the supersniper. I have since saved up and picked up a couple nightforce scopes but the super snipers are still going strong on some of the plinking .50.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, the fixed power SS are .50 rated. They're $300 new and can also be picked up used on the EE or the Hide.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:39:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a Steiner 3-12 military with 34 MM tube on my M107A1.  After watching a video showing a Nightforce flexing under recoil,  I determined I needed something larger than a 30mm tube with a bulletproof warranty.  

I have 300 rounds through the stick with the Steiner on top.  No issues thus far.  

I stole the optic when Botach had a deal on them 3 years ago.  I bought 2, should've bough 5.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 2:29:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have a Steiner 3-12 military with 34 MM tube on my M107A1.  After watching a video showing a Nightforce flexing under recoil,  I determined I needed something larger than a 30mm tube with a bulletproof warranty.  

I have 300 rounds through the stick with the Steiner on top.  No issues thus far.  

I stole the optic when Botach had a deal on them 3 years ago.  I bought 2, should've bough 5.  
View Quote

What video have you seen? Link? Ive seen the as50 with the s&b video but that was mostly the rail it was mounted to. You could see it being pulled up in the close up
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 12:17:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Vortex seems confident their stuff will work fine. There's a thread in their Industry Forum here about it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 10:59:13 AM EDT
[#12]

Has anyone put the Argos BTR 8-34x56 FFP on a .50 yet? I spoke to someone at Athlon, they said they would cover it under the warranty if used on a .50 bmg rifle.

He told me they have not had any feedback positive or negative for the Argos used on a .50 and would like to hear from anyone that has some experience with it.
He told me that their Cronus scope ($2K) had received positive  feedback after use on a .50.

(I just started looking through this thread, I came across a used Serbu BMG-50 locally and have been looking for a sub $500. optic for it.)
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 6:13:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I had a SWFA 20X SS on mine before selling the rifle. Cant beat the price and warranty on the SS scopes.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top