Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 7/15/2016 12:54:30 AM EDT
I'm sure most of us here has heard others say a 50 BMG will still wound you even if it doesn't hit you. This video shows that nothing much happens at all.

Link Posted: 7/15/2016 1:53:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 2:29:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Sensational title is sensational.

This is tech, try not to degenerate it with GD sensationalism. Make it the same subject header as the original one.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 3:38:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I too, have been told that same tale.
Most recently by a friend whose Son served as an M-2 gunner in Iraq.
He was adamant in his belief, since it was his son who told him that.
So, I invited him to the range and did pretty much the same as what was done in the in the video you posted.
Nice Thread, Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 10:12:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I remember hearing this when I was about 10 years old and I thought that was stupid back then.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 12:35:53 AM EDT
[#5]
We used to do some silly shit at the range when I worked at Barrett. Ronnie would probably have a coronary.
Lay down in a ditch and shoot over the top of each other just feet over each other's heads just to hear what the sonic Crack was like at different ranges.
Some other crap I don't remember right off the top of my head right now. Ironhandjohn would probably remember.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:54:06 AM EDT
[#6]
A 1915 lol. That was the best part.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:17:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We used to do some silly shit at the range when I worked at Barrett. Ronnie would probably have a coronary.
Lay down in a ditch and shoot over the top of each other just feet over each other's heads just to hear what the sonic Crack was like at different ranges.
Some other crap I don't remember right off the top of my head right now. Ironhandjohn would probably remember.
View Quote

Give me a barrier of 3 inches of steel, a couple feet of concrete, and a few feet of dirt on the up range side and I might do that.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 2:10:11 AM EDT
[#8]
When we shoot the FCSA matches we are in the "pits" below the rounds as they hit the paper targets and then impact the berm. It get's quite active when someone is low, and in the berm behind us. Getting covered with dirt/sand is not fun and then finding where the bullet passed through the target sideways, can get your attention. Don't ask how I know these particular details, but believe me, they are spot on, in the description. We are required to wear ear protection for the sonic crack at 1000 yards and safety glasses for the occasional time a round hits the wood frame, or a ricochet decides to go it's own way.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:09:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Never heard this but still cool video
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:16:53 PM EDT
[#10]
A guy a work told me a story about sniper that shot at a dude, missed but just from passing by ripped his face off.

I asked why it doesn't ripped targets off stands, it just pokes 1/2" holes.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:26:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone that knows anything at all about physics know that's BS.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 2:52:49 PM EDT
[#12]
How about the " even if you hit someones hand it'll rip there arm off". LoL
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top