Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 5/19/2016 11:52:16 AM EDT
I got one years back from a gun show.  Great condition, I've never shot it.  Wood stock, cloverleaf bolt.  

Now I know they've got a bad rap for one firing out of battery, maybe other issues too.  

I'm planning to sell it.  Anyone give me an approximate idea of what it might be worth?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 3:53:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 6:33:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I actually may be interested in this for some things I have wanted to experiment with, drop me a PM, and no, I would not pay anything near to top dollar with the reputation they have.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 7:59:11 PM EDT
[#3]
You may get $500 for it.  Just my opinion though.  Any word on what happened to the unfortunate shooter when the out of battery occurred?
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 8:41:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Cabelas sold one from there gun vault for 1899 a while back.  Only recent sale I could find.  Haven't decided to sell it yet just looking for an idea on value.  If I can't get more than a few hundred for it I'll just keep.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:25:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cabelas sold one from there gun vault for 1899 a while back.  Only recent sale I could find.  Haven't decided to sell it yet just looking for an idea on value.  If I can't get more than a few hundred for it I'll just keep.
View Quote

If you keep it - don't shoot it.

IF you feel the need to shoot it - PLEASE have it checked by a good gunsmith. Have him check for proper headspace and fit of bolt. Have him check for hardness of receiver and bolt. And have him MagnaFlux the receiver and the bolt's locking lugs checking for cracks.

And then, be very very very careful with anything close to a full pressure loading.

WE HAVE BANNED VULCAN RIFLES AND ANYTHING RELATED TO THIS COMPANY FROM ATTENDING ANY FCSA MATCH COMPETITIONS.
CHECK WITH THE REGIONAL MATCH DIRECTOR FOR HIS RULING ON THE SUBJECT. CHECK WITH THE NATIONALMATCH DIRECTOR ALSO.
DO NOT CAUSE POTENTIAL HARM TO YOURSELF AND OTHER SHOOTERS IF YOU CHOOSE TO SHOOT THIS RIFLE!
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top