Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2016 6:19:07 PM EDT
Does anyone know if there are any more coming out on the market?  They seemed to have dried up at a reasonable price. The only place I could find them was 50BMG ammo supply but they are high...as they are with everything else they sell.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:29:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:38:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if there are any more coming out on the market?  They seemed to have dried up at a reasonable price. The only place I could find them was 50BMG ammo supply but they are high...as they are with everything else they sell.
View Quote

Your link came up for snap caps at Brownells. Im looking for pretty much the same thing, prefer just the Spotter cases though. I have a small supply but I know these are a "get them when you find them" kind of thing. I did find a page of a guy who was forming his own from BMG cases. Forming Spotter Brass

What are you shooting them out of? I built this for my daughter and we are going to see if we can take it to 1000yd.

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 1:05:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

The last good deal I saw on them was when Cabelas closed out their inventory of the projectiles.
(They had bags (250 count?) of them in the reloading area)

I'm down to a thousand or so, which is a bummer, because they are my favorite "fun" 50 round to shoot.

Like blue tips, soon to be gone forever...
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:13:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Your link came up for snap caps at Brownells. Im looking for pretty much the same thing, prefer just the Spotter cases though. I have a small supply but I know these are a "get them when you find them" kind of thing. I did find a page of a guy who was forming his own from BMG cases. Forming Spotter Brass

What are you shooting them out of? I built this for my daughter and we are going to see if we can take it to 1000yd.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/12829514_1212346568793666_5954831787955486965_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/12829514_1212346568793666_5954831787955486965_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9

Ohhhh, my goodness

I want one, will you adopt me!!!

Please, Please, Please!

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:57:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm shooting them from an AR-50. I'm really not in the market for having to find, or have to form, M48 brass.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:04:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ohhhh, my goodness

Please, Please, Please!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ohhhh, my goodness

Please, Please, Please!

Well, I don't have any sons so you never know. Always wanted a red headed step child though.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:21:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I did find a page of a guy who was forming his own from BMG cases. Forming Spotter Brass
View All Quotes
I did find a page of a guy who was forming his own from BMG cases. Forming Spotter Brass

...:)  that's one of my webpages created back when I first bought an M48 (50spotter) rifle from LigaMec (UltraLite50).
I can still make the brass if you need any, but it does take some time to work them into a production slot.

Here's a review of my of mine from back in 2006.. http://www.daplane.com/50bmg/ul50rpt.htm

//Ben
06FFL - Custom Ammunition

Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 7:08:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:40:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

...:)  that's one of my webpages created back when I first bought an M48 (50spotter) rifle from LigaMec (UltraLite50).
I can still make the brass if you need any, but it does take some time to work them into a production slot.

Here's a review of my of mine from back in 2006.. http://www.daplane.com/50bmg/ul50rpt.htm

//Ben

View All Quotes
Quoted:

//Ben

Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought that was one of your pages. Great ammo BTW, keeps my CA customers happy.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:13:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've got a bunch of virgin M48 brass that I bought when Hi-Tech used to have it in stock but have been playing around with other guns and haven't pursued buying a .50 S-T chambered rifle.  Everyone I know tries to talk me into getting a .50 BMG instead of the M48 which is another reason it's taken me so long to commit on a .50 rifle choice.
View Quote

What yardage are you planning on shooting at? Availability of brass is the only issue with the ST. Other than that its been fun to play with so far. My daughter is 10 so I started her with a 415gr bullet and am slowly working up to something in the 550 to 600gr range...maybe could go as high as 700gr and keep the velocity to something that will carry to 1000yd.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top