Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 4/4/2016 10:51:23 AM EDT
Hi All,

Sorry for the noobness, I've ordered one of those Serbu cheapo 50's, and coincidentally saw this on a prize table I was walking this weekend from another match.

It's 200 count of primed lapua brass, headstamp NT, and I also won 8lbs of 20n29.

Is this a good loading combo, should I keep it?  What's roughly the street value if I should sell it?  I'm not certain I want to get into loading 50, 9mm and 556 keep me pretty busy.

Thanks for any advice/wisdom you can share...

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 9:34:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Reloading for a 50 is really no different than reloading for a 223, well except for everything being allot bigger.
Usually the brass will need to be ran into the sizing die more than once to ensure that it sizes all the way. Other than that trimming, priming, charging, seating and crimping are no different. Oh and if you use military brass removing the crimp.

Powder goes away really fast as well
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 6:54:01 PM EDT
[#2]
That 8 lbs. of powder should get you around 240 loads.  Since you have primed brass and plenty of powder, I'd load em up.  You can get bullets in bulk on GB and Lee makes a BMG loading kit for about $230.00  Just make sure that your brass is trimmed to 3.90.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 10:52:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the help!  I decided to just sell them.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top