Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 2:34:05 PM EDT
[#1]
FFL just called, it's in. Should be shooting in two hours.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 4:35:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FFL just called, it's in. Should be shooting in two hours.
View Quote

Son of a...

You better post pics!
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:03:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Didn't get a chance to shoot it tonight, maybe this weekend if I don't have to work.

Edit:

I put my AR scope on it just to check height. Primary Arms 4-14 DMR HUD something or another, in an ADM mount. It is unnaturally high for me. Eye relief wasn't enough either with that stock on there. Not sure what I'm looking for when I look at scopes and mounts and stuff but I guess it's something new to learn.

The stock is from Safety Harbor Firearms. The bipod is his and is much nicer than I expected. Legs sit in notches and you have to pull them straight out of the notch to move them.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:09:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Didn't get a chance to shoot it tonight, maybe this weekend if I don't have to work.

https://s32.postimg.org/6xepscayd/fiddy.jpg

Edit:

I put my AR scope on it just to check height. Primary Arms 4-14 DMR HUD something or another, in an ADM mount. It is unnaturally high for me. Eye relief wasn't enough either with that stock on there. Not sure what I'm looking for when I look at scopes and mounts and stuff but I guess it's something new to learn.

The stock is from Safety Harbor Firearms. The bipod is his and is much nicer than I expected. Legs sit in notches and you have to pull them straight out of the notch to move them.
View Quote

it looks very cool, you most likely need a set of low rings for it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:16:03 PM EDT
[#5]

With the recoil that thing is going to have I would be looking at a scope with plenty of eye relief and hopefully nice soft rubber on the part closest to your face.  You may want to get some advice from guys with similar guns in regards to what kind of rings will hold your scope securely and not allow it to slip.  Good luck and hope to read of a fun filled range trip.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:11:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Also, there is definitely a safety on the hammer drop.

The thumb safety is a little awkward to get to. It's tucked up tight with the side panel. Probably won't be so bad when it's not brand new stiff.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:41:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I have plans for mine, going to replace the grip with a magpul, as well as a magpul rifle stock, eventually will be a PRS. And hopefully the Barrel jacket is the same size as one off a 1919, so I can put a carry handle on it. Because large guns need carry handles.

Going to build a hammer extension and some other parts for it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:21:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Maybe that'll work? LOL

I'd rather shoot it than a 12 gauge with slugs, for sure.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:22:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I did the same thing, I have all the parts ready.  I just need the rifle to show.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:29:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I did the same thing, I have all the parts ready.  I just need the rifle to show.
View Quote

Was trying to install a tango down grip, didnt work the best, had a bit of a gap, will try a magpul grip.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 9:39:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Ordered a can of 100 linked .50 food. 1.95 a round :D
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 10:22:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ordered a can of 100 linked .50 food. 1.95 a round :D
View Quote

From where?
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 12:02:39 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd like to know too.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 12:41:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'd like to know too.
View Quote

Give Matthew a call at Sure Shot exploding targets. Sureshot He has Ball and API for 1.95 a round, APIT is a little bit more. It ships from oregon.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 8:02:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 8:15:47 PM EDT
[#16]
How's that scope height feel to you?
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 8:38:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
How's that scope height feel to you?
View Quote

Feels just right, medium height rings.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 10:50:27 AM EDT
[#18]
After shooting it, the recoil isnt any worse than a 12 gauge with slugs IMO. But that was shooting a 740 gr brass projectile. I wonder if 640 grain ammo will have less recoil.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 11:37:21 PM EDT
[#19]
does Mark offer .Mil discount?

Link Posted: 9/6/2016 3:26:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Using an A2 stock and a limbsaver slip on recoil pad, makes the gun very pleasant to shoot recoil wise, concussion is just something you experience.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 10:45:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Anyone get there's recently? if so what was your invoice date? trying to gauge how far behind they are.

Im anxiously waiting to shoot a 50 for the first time
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 12:04:32 PM EDT
[#22]
They just confirmed my FFL and sent me an updated invoice so hopefully mine is less than a month out.  I ordered 2/1.  They haven't called for payment yet though.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#23]
RN-50 on Gunbroker

Some guys are unloading brand new ones already.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 1:10:54 PM EDT
[#24]
I picked mine up yesterday afternoon. I played around with it a little bit and have a few remarks just from handling it.  

So far I mounted my 16x SS on it with medium height rings and it sits way too high for my liking.  Even with low mounts, I don't think I'd be comfortable with the height.  So now I'm going to look at cheek risers.  Even something like a Magpul PRS probably wont work because the riser sits too far back for a decent eye relief.  The actual mount just sits too high and too far forward IMO.  As stated before, the safety is a little weird to manipulate because a portion of the receiver covers the top of the switch. Not a huge deal though. My other complaint is the bipod.  For $175, its pretty weak and I can't adjust the tension on the articulation like I can on other bipods and I hate it. On another note, I only wanted the bipod added, not the stock.  It did come with the steel stock installed and I was not billed for it.  Other than that, the finish and coating are very decent, build quality seems solid.  With the SS, rings and sunshade, the total cost so far right at $1630, Not bad for a full .50 rifle, My Zel upper alone was $1800 with the tank brake.  I will update when I finally get to the range.

Link Posted: 10/5/2016 1:17:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Linky?
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 1:23:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Linky?
View Quote

For?
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 4:46:29 PM EDT
[#27]
So I ended up shooting it yesterday.  I was by myself so I don't have pics or video. It shot fine, smooth trigger.  I'm still going to look for a riser, the scope height is still too high for my liking.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#28]
If anyone is near Twin Cities or western Wisconsin, I have about 1200 rounds for sale. Some tracer, some incendiary, some AP, mostly ball rounds.

These rounds no longer fit my rifle with a tight match chambering.

I will not ship.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 2:03:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If anyone is near Twin Cities or western Wisconsin, I have about 1200 rounds for sale. Some tracer, some incendiary, some AP, mostly ball rounds.

These rounds no longer fit my rifle with a tight match chambering.

I will not ship.
View Quote

Put it on the EE. You'll get rid of it quick.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:28:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Hats off to Mark Serbu for making an affordable, entry level 50.  However, I'm pretty sure I'd never be comfortable putting my face behind that battery.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:43:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Mine showed up a couple of days ago....just finished attaching the buttstock, and will be testing it out tomorrow...

***update***
Took it out to Angeles Ranges (ASR) and put a few round through it.   Mostly some subsonic ammo I was testing for a friend.  750gr AMAX over 44gr of TrailBoss (1050fps)
I mounted an OKO red-dot and used an old BOHICA bipod.  (I'm waiting on an M60 bipod rail adapter, so I can use my older/taller Serbu bipod)

Recoil is very light, as expected with the subsonic ammo and grouping pretty good with the AMAX:

Also shot some 743gr brass solid ball, and found that felt recoil is fairly 'stout' as well..!  :)
If you mount a scope, be sure you have plenty of eye relief..
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:21:13 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Mine showed up a couple of days ago....just finished attaching the buttstock, and will be testing it out tomorrow...

http://www.daplane.com/50bmg/serbu_rn50_01.jpg
View Quote
Haven't seen that stock before. What is it?

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:48:47 AM EDT
[#33]
I don't really know... It's got a POF logo on the buttpad, but no model number that I can find otherwise.
I got it a few years ago on a POF .308 AR rifle where I replaced it with a Magpul PRS.
It does have the right look for this rifle and the A2 LOP works for me in this case.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Yeah that is the best looking stock for that rifle. If anyone has anymore info about it, kindly post it. What bipod is that ?
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:43:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 6:38:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I don't really know... It's got a POF logo on the buttpad, but no model number that I can find otherwise.
I got it a few years ago on a POF .308 AR rifle where I replaced it with a Magpul PRS.
It does have the right look for this rifle and the A2 LOP works for me in this case.
View Quote

I'm thinking about the Magpul PRS for my RN50 after I get it.

I ordered mine on February 10.

I'll be happy if I get it by the end of the year.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:50:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.daplane.com/50bmg/serbu_rn50_01.jpg

I contacted POFabout it,and they told me it's no longer made...
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:02:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine is supposed to ship to my FFL this week.

I also believe now that the Magpul PRS stock cheekpiece would be too far back on the stock.

I'm now thinking about a regular A1 stock with one of the old Choate slip on cheekpieces that were popular when everyone used carry handle scope mounts.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:10:05 PM EDT
[#39]
POF-USA now has this one listed on their website....http://pof-usa.com/shop/upgrades-accessories/stocks/the-luth-mba-modular-buttstock-assembly/

Link Posted: 12/15/2016 10:43:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Well it came in today.

I'm pretty satisfied with the construction, finish and how smooth the action feels.

It's built like an industrial tool, no doubt about it.  If it shoots decent groups I definitely think it's worth the price.

I'm gonna have to wait till after the holidays to get glass and a stock. I do like the stock Mr.Ben posted.

BTW- didn't someone mention getting an owner's manual? All I got was a copy of the receipt.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 3:05:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Picked mine up from my FFL on Tuesday. (FYI ordered Feb 10th). This thing is a beast.  Nothing fancy, but looks well made.  I haven't decided on what glass to put on it yet, but might just put a 3-9x40 Burris Elite 4200 that I have sitting in the safe for the time being. Can't wait to get out to the range with this beast!

Edit... no manual with mine either, only a receipt.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 9:09:29 PM EDT
[#42]
from what i hear owners will be mailed a manual when they are written.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Has anyone been shooting theirs much?

I haven't been able to get out due to work schedules and weather.

Hell, I haven't even got a scope, stock or ammo yet.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 1:37:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Has anyone been shooting theirs much?

I haven't been able to get out due to work schedules and weather.

Hell, I haven't even got a scope, stock or ammo yet.
View Quote

I have 450 rounds of ammo, a scope, and a stock. I'm still waiting on the rifle
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 10:18:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I have 450 rounds of ammo, a scope, and a stock. I'm still waiting on the rifle
View Quote

I just took delivery of 3 of them :)
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 2:07:10 PM EDT
[#46]
My invoice date is 2/13/2016. Anyone still waiting on their orders from around then?
I'm ok waiting, I just want to be sure they didn't forget to call me.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 2:43:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
My invoice date is 2/13/2016. Anyone still waiting on their orders from around then?
I'm ok waiting, I just want to be sure they didn't forget to call me.
View Quote

Wow, I would call them our invoice is dated 7/28/16, So i would give them a ring.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 11:49:38 PM EDT
[#48]
I gave them a call. They said they couldn't get in contact with me so they moved past me on the wait list. If they called me, I didn't any voicemail messages from them.

Anyway, they said I could pick up mine next week.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 12:07:39 AM EDT
[#49]

Just need to get a bipod
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 12:38:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Looks good, congratulations.
Page / 4
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top