Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 1/20/2016 11:39:45 AM EDT
I recently installed a Jewell trigger on my Armalite. Loved it, but it was VERY hard to lock the bolt in. I had to slam it forward and down in one quick motion. After about 100 rounds, a part broke inside, and Jewell repaired it.

Now it is almost impossible to close even without a round chambered. With a round in, I would have to beat is shut with a hammer (which I'm NOT going to try).

If I pin both triggers to one another with the retaining pins, it's easy to spot the difference between the original trigger and the new one. There is a step on the top of the triggers that holds back what I believe is called the "cocking piece" on the bottom of the ar50 bolt. The step on the Jewell is cut to hold the cocking piece back an extra 0.040" more than the original trigger. I believe this is what is making it so hard to lock the bolt.

I'm reluctant to order a different brand trigger, only to find myself out another $250. I would do it if I can't fix the Jewell, and if I felt it would be different.

Does anyone have experience with such a situation? Can anyone with competent gunsmithing skills point me to a solution? We live in a VERY remote area of Maine, so it's not like I have machinists and gunsmiths to show this to. Our nearest town is 2-1/2 hours away. Would a good, online gunsmith be familiar enough with such a project to work on.?

Any insight will be appreciated!

Link Posted: 1/20/2016 2:35:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 12:07:04 AM EDT
[#2]
It's been a while since I put one into my Windrunner, but IIRC I had to remove some metal towards the upper rear to get the trigger to work.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 4:16:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top