Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 1/13/2016 8:32:20 PM EDT
Can anyone tell me the overall length of a Safety Harbor 50 BMG rifle?  Will a 29" barreled rifle fit in a Pelican 1750 case? (50" long)
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 3:53:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine is 48 inches total length and that's a 22" barrel.

I don't think the 29" barrel is going to fit in your pelican case.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 7:07:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine is 48 inches total length and that's a 22" barrel.

I don't think the 29" barrel is going to fit in your pelican case.
View Quote

Thanks for the response. Do you have the complete rifle or just the upper that mounts on an AR lower!  If the complete rifle, is it practical to disassemble for transport?
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Haven't even looked at breaking it down yet.  

I have the S50 full rifle.  They are still running the $1550 deal on it "while supplies last".

I'll check on that though and let you know.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 12:38:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't disassemble it unless I had to.  It looks like you could remove the castle nut and take off the stock if you really need to take it down for transport, but it's not just pulling a couple pins like an AR.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 9:51:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wouldn't disassemble it unless I had to.  It looks like you could remove the castle nut and take off the stock if you really need to take it down for transport, but it's not just pulling a couple pins like an AR.
View Quote

Thanks again.

Anyone got any suggestions for a Pelican type case large enough to carry a single shot 50 BMG with a 29" barrel?
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 9:29:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks again.

Anyone got any suggestions for a Pelican type case large enough to carry a single shot 50 BMG with a 29" barrel?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks again.

If you are open to looking at heavy gauge alluminum look here:

Zeigel Engineering

Comes with double tubular cam locks, latches with locking bar, double handle.
Lots of stock sizes or they will do custom if you got the $$$.
Very tough and well built with foam interior.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top