Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 12/15/2015 12:31:21 AM EDT
Finally buying one.  Any input from you guys on ownership?
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 6:57:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Love mine

It is a very reliable weapon and some what fun.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 10:20:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Love mine and I try and shoot it as much as possible. You will love it also as long as you have a place to shoot it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 12:20:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:00:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
<a href="http://s482.photobucket.com/user/kraze2/media/image_zpsmd5cvquu.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr185/kraze2/image_zpsmd5cvquu.jpeg</a>

Love mine and I try and shoot it as much as possible. You will love it also as long as you have a place to shoot it.
View Quote

Looks great.  I made sure I had places to shoot it before I bought it.. I have a friend that has some property and a local range (an hour drive) has a range with 1000 yards.  

What kind of scope do you have and what kind of distances are you shooting?
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 8:56:58 PM EDT
[#5]
The scope is a Luepold Mk 4 that came in the package deal. Came with a pelican hard case also. I am a member at the River Bend Gun Club here in North Ga. And I shoot 600 yards regularly. It's only 15 minutes from the house but 600 yards is max. Hope to do some 1000 yard shooting soon but I will have to travel about 3 hours.

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 9:25:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

New, or used?
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 9:06:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

New, or used?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

New, or used?

I almost bought a friends used... but as we were talking, we decided it would be better if we both had a rifle so we could enjoy the hobby together by meeting at the range and shooting our .50's.  

When I looked around at used ones, it was hard to tell what I was getting myself into (use on the rifle) and the prices really weren't much better than the deals on new ones going right now.  On top of that, I really wanted a FDE one also, and that was very tough to find.  I ended up having to order one from my dealer in order to get it.  

I'm selling a few things from my safe that have been sitting also, might as well get rid of some of the guns I've bought over the years and get one I'll shoot and create some excitement with the hobby for me also.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 10:31:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Don't forget to post some pics when you get it in the pic section. Preferably in action.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 2:12:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Blast to shoot. Would do it over again.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 11:45:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Sold mine. Didn't shoot it much anymore.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 2:43:48 AM EDT
[#11]
On sale at CDNN.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 3:10:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Any QD scope mounts worth a darn?

I'm actually thinking of having a QD red dot and a QD scope - swap the red dot in for "playing break stuff" at shorter (~50yd) ranges and use the scope for longer ranges.  Am I crazy?
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 12:35:16 AM EDT
[#13]
$7000 shipped at tombstone tactical according to a deal website.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:30:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Anyone got a line on a more compact case? That 53" long Pelican 1750 doesn't fit my trunk!  Barrett says the upper and lower are 41" and 38" respectively, so it seems like a shorter case should be feasible...
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 5:14:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Anyone got a line on a more compact case? That 53" long Pelican 1750 doesn't fit my trunk!  Barrett says the upper and lower are 41" and 38" respectively, so it seems like a shorter case should be feasible...
View Quote

I have to fold the back seat down to fit mine.  You might be able to get it in a 1700 with out the scope attached.  The length of the upper is the limiting factor but a 1720 might work or a 1740 with the upper and lower angled upwards.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 5:41:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I have to fold the back seat down to fit mine.  You might be able to get it in a 1700 with out the scope attached.  The length of the upper is the limiting factor but a 1720 might work or a 1740 with the upper and lower angled upwards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, a 1720 looks plausible on paper - need to see if it fits the trunk either though and then of course whether the rifle will fit the case.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 7:22:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 11:28:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yeah, a 1720 looks plausible on paper - need to see if it fits the trunk either though and then of course whether the rifle will fit the case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What type of car?
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 8:50:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Maybe someone can help me here. I've saw people say the m82a1 CQ are chrome lined and the 29" barrel guns just have chrome chambers. I emailed Barrett and they said both the 20" and the 29" barreled M82a1 have full chrome bores? Can anyone confirm that?
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 12:06:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just an FYI, the two halves squeeze into a 1720 Ok - I haven't cut the foam yet, and probably won't for a few weeks due to time constraints, but I think it's gonna work out fine.  Yes, the 1720 fits the trunk of the car - laying flat but diagonally across the trunk
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 10:05:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here. Been thinking about another one. Really would like to play with the Serbu and compare.

I think I liked my 99 the best.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 3:17:39 PM EDT
[#22]
I think I will too.  Now I have to find the best price on one.  Anyone know who has the best prices.  Doesnt look like the 7k deal is around now.  Maybe I should wait?
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 6:03:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Same here. Been thinking about another one. Really would like to play with the Serbu and compare.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I still have my M95. Thinking of getting Mark to build me up a Serbu carbine. I loved shooting those when I worked there.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 7:47:34 PM EDT
[#24]
It is my dream gun or a M107. Now that I am moving to Tennessee from Connecticut next month..... it will be possible to acquire one now since everything is banned in Connecticut.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 9:50:18 PM EDT
[#25]
My cousin bought one (M82A1) through the gun store I worked at in college. I ordered it all; the gun, badger ordnance rings, nigh force scope, ammo, the whole shebang. He is a collector, not a shooter, so he had me put the scope on and get it zeroed at 300m and all that.

Really cool gun, fun to shoot. But for me, I don't think it would be worth it unless I already had some machine guns, thermal, night vision, etc first. Here's why.

1. It's hard to find a place to shoot it where you can stretch it's legs. Less than 300-600m is like running a formula 1 car on a go-kart track.
2. You have to lay prone to shoot it; sometimes if you're not on a range, it's hard to find an elevated place to shoot it from. I wasn't willing to shoot it off the cab of my truck.
3. It's not really practical for hunting, partially because on many pieces of property it's hard to get a shot with a safe backstop to ensure the bullet won't ricochet and travel two ranches over. That being said, I did take it hunting a couple times but nothing showed up for me to shoot. I was really disappointed.
4. They're really not all that accurate. 2-3 MOA at 300m was about the best accuracy I ever got out of it with CBC Magtech or Lake City APIT. Magtech was a little better.

Really fun gun to shoot, and best of all they're a great threat to tyranny should they ever need to be.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top