Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 7/31/2015 7:45:24 AM EDT
Has anyone used the US 869 powder with the Amax or heavier bullet? Hodgdon says it's good for the 750 to 800 grain range. A friend of mine bought some for a magnum caliber he's shooting and brought it to my attention. Told him I'd post it here and find out any info that was available. I'm currently using H50 BMG with good results but still looking at other powders. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:25:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Stay with H50BMG, or Reloder-50.

US869 has been reported to be extremely temperature sensitive, although I have no knowledge as I have not used it.
V.V. 20N29 is also temperature sensitive, but a good powder if rounds are pre-heated to 110-130 degrees.

Virgin H5010 is good if of the original mix, later mixes are 10% hotter than earlier and have caused some issues.

I do not use pull-down powders.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 5:01:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info. I'll stick with the H50 and try some Reloder-50 this Fall.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 10:20:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought US869 was more suitable for the 650 ish grain bullets and Reloader 50 was a better choice for 750 and above?
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 10:24:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought US869 was more suitable for the 650 ish grain bullets and Reloader 50 was a better choice for 750 and above?
View Quote

In generalities, you are correct SIR.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top