Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2015 8:52:16 PM EDT
When shooting from a table do you prefer to use a bi pod or use sand bag on a rest?

Anyone use a rear bag under the but stock ?
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 9:27:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 9:38:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a 32" zel custom T1. With Atlas bipod Andy Millett long range scope. It is on a spikes ar15 lower with the magpul sniper stock with the  zel recoil pad.

I have shoot about 100 rounds trough it and still have not gotten it sighted in. Lot of it is my fault. Shot several rounds for fun some to test a few loads and then I tried signing in at 850 yards (that didn't go so well). The 850 yards was whil on the ground usi g bipod. Others have been offhand or from a table.

I am going to to the 100 yard range soon and get it sighted in there then go back to the farm and retry the 850.

I am thinking maybe in place of the bipod I will use my hoppies rest with sand bag.

For but stock I use my off hand fist to adjust the height. But thinking for sight in use a sandbag under.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 9:51:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Go to the 100 yard target. Less frustrating. But, if the rounds are back far from the lands, your not going to see great follow up group. Mine are reloaded at  5.430. I mimicked from some rounds at bought from survivalops. Found out there is allot more room beyond 5.450 but only if i load single and not use the magazine. Measure one of your rounds and post it. Are you reloading your own? if so, what powder are you using?

BTW, I use my bipod only.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 9:54:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been using the ball bullets and loading them to the crimp grove
I have used two powderd one is 200 grs of h50bmg and the other is 90 (don't quote me) of trail boss.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 10:11:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Bipod and rear bag for me
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 10:16:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 10:32:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I started cheap (ball ammo) to start zeroing in, then switched to Amax. Boy talk about a world of difference. Ball is all over the place and the Amax were side by side and a bit high. Within 3 2 shot groups I was in a 5" orange dot at 600 yrds. I have a ferret 50 with 36" barrel and built in bipod. I then with an A2 stock in right shoulder. Take my weak left hand and in the thumb web hooking the sling lug, and fingers on my right shoulder hold the stock. Shifting my left hand, I raise and lower the stock. Right hand helps pull the stock into the shoulder.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 9:18:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I shoot from a table:
http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq141/09oldman/FCSA-Alliance-Spring-2014/009.jpg

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq141/09oldman/FCSA-Alliance-Spring-2014/006.jpg

But if using a bipod-monopod, be sure to use a cushion of some sort under the bipod-monopod to minimize torque jump upon firing.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 9:56:20 AM EDT
[#9]
the Atlas bipod I'm using has rubber feet on it
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top