Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 5/27/2015 3:16:54 PM EDT
Saw an ad years ago in Shotgun News for them, way back when Harris Gunworks was still around. Like the title says, it mounted under AR barrels like a 203, and I think it operated in similar fashion. Like all other .50 builders they claimed recoil similar to a 12 gauge. Anyone ever actually see one, or shoot it? Always wondered what they were like. I only saw the ad one time.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:27:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:55:47 PM EDT
[#2]
That sounds right. As I remember it, it was a stainless barrel, not sure if there was a pistol grip or you just used the mag like with a regular launcher. Seemed like an interesting idea but lousy execution. I think they were advertised for around $1200.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds freaking cool.  Was it a DD or was it unregulated like a 37mm launcher?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:08:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:25:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:35:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds freaking cool.  Was it a DD or was it unregulated like a 37mm launcher?
View Quote

All I know is from the one ad I saw and am going from memory. Don't remember mention of the barrel length, but maybe lacking a stock, if it had a 16" legal rifle length  barrel it would be measured by whatever the OAL of what it was mounted on was?

Or, maybe ATF said it would be a NFA item and that's why it never went beyond that ad. It's just one of those things I occasionally find myself wondering about and I happened to be browsing tech forums when I thought about it this time. Now, I at least know I didn't dream the ad(first response remembered it too) but for whatever reason they're apparently unavailable.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:37:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Don't forget the "beehive" adapters -- multiple .22s at once.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was it set up like the M203 or the masterkey style set up? Either way it's gonna be a short barrel, can't see getting much velocity out of it.

I've seen M203's set up with an insert for different calibers. I think the most made was either shotgun or .22 cal.

Don't forget the "beehive" adapters -- multiple .22s at once.

.410 surrounded by 6-9 .22s would be cool. Likely useless, but cool.

Some of my Contender barrels were bought for the same reason. I have a .12" 45-70 for deer hunting, but also bought a .45/.410, .357 maximum and .223 for no reason other than they were cheap. The Max was $170 shipped, with 150+ pieces of brass.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top