Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2015 5:54:03 PM EDT
I know several of us here got in on the 867 powder deal that Widener's was running about a year or so ago.  I believe the batch to burn a bit faster than it's supposed to and I'm wondering if anyone has loaded it in a semi auto Serbu or Barrett.  I'm wondering if there is any chance that there will be a short stroking issue with that powder as I'm thinking about saving a few jugs of it for when I get a semi.  However, if there is a short stroking problem with this powder, I'll confine my remaining stash to the bolt guns.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 6:15:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I got some of the early batch from Wideners.  I was able to get a higher load of 225 gr of WC867 with an API tip.  From what I read here some of the later batches were maxing  out lower.  My lot has been fired without issue in a Barret M99, M82 an M2 full auto.  For my friends M2 I backed the load down to as low as 210gr (wanted it to safely cycle and minimize powder).  My one observation is what appears a nice warm safe load in the M99 will have ejector swipes in the 82, so test a few on hot days and back off a few grains for the semi.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:28:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for that info Sandlewood, that was very helpful.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 11:42:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I run the same powder thru my AR50 and Barret 82A1 with no issues.Works fine in both.Cycles 100% in the semi.

My only regret was not buying more powder at that price.

Too bad you weren't closer Kalishnakov.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 6:12:46 PM EDT
[#4]
That just what I wanted to hear....but I forget what powder charge you're using??  Do your AR-50 loads run in the Barrett?
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 8:57:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That just what I wanted to hear....but I forget what powder charge you're using??  Do your AR-50 loads run in the Barrett?
View Quote

220 grns,CCI primers,API,LC brass.

I didn't want to keep separate loads.Work fine in both and no noticeable difference in recoil from factor ammo.I mixed my rounds with factory AE and some from Freedom Munitions-didn't notice any real difference.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top