Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 4/15/2015 6:10:20 PM EDT
The other day I went out with my handloads with 647 gr fmj bullets 200 grs of h50bmg and getting around 2142.4 fps
Target is a 4x4" suqare by 1/2inch thick piece of steel that I hardened my self
We sat it on ground at 100 yards resting against a wire sign stand.

When I hit this target it ripped trough the sign stand twisting the wire all around and the target went tumble a few yards down the field.

When I got the target I was expecting to see a hole trough it, but what I found it was only dented about 1/2 way in and a bubble on back of it.

What do you think?
Under powered round?
Super hard steel?
It took all the energy sending it rolling?
Or something else?
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 8:09:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 9:19:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Find the round and you will see it shroomed pretty good. Ball may not be strong enough and do what 50 shooter said to do to the target. Shoot AP and you will see a nice hole. I got my ball rounds up to 220 gr WC860 but backed them off to 215. Primers where a bit flattened. Got any pics?
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top