Thanks for the help.....
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:40:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:38:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Awesome! thank you
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 6:30:03 PM EDT
[#3]
How are the Leupold one piece mounts?  I'm considering a Leupold Mark 2 IMS, it's tough to tell if it's robust enough for the application.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 10:33:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How are the Leupold one piece mounts?  I'm considering a Leupold Mark 2 IMS, it's tough to tell if it's robust enough for the application.
View Quote

"Robust enough", here's the thing: a 50BMG can and will eventually break any scope out there.

By buying the most rugged/highest rated/best specification scope
And putting the fattest rings, with more clamping fasteners,  the largest clamping area on both the scope and rail, and lapping them in

You are just buying time.

Warranty is insurance and not a guarantee.

How good is good enough varies between rifles, brakes, and ammo shot.

Buy the best you can afford, because that is all you can do.

When in doubt MAKE IT STOUT.

Anything will live for awhile (usually)
Anything will break (eventually)

Depending on criticality a spare setup can be a good idea.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 2:26:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I use Nightforce rings for my Nightforce scope and have no complaints.  However if you want your scope to last as long as possible and your going to long range take a look at this base.  It will give you from 150 MOA to even 300 MOA of elevation and  you won't have to adjust your scope turret to do it.  The more I read the more I realize that scope eventually fail because of they can't stand constant adjusting for elevation.  The FCSA is having a 2 mile shoot on the 1st and 2nd of July at the NRA range in New Mexico I believe.  I wish I had the money to go and purchase the MOAB mount right now.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top