Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 3/1/2015 9:28:21 AM EDT
This ban on 855 ammo has got me thinking.

From what I can determine AP ammo is banned if they have a pistol in that caliber. Well, they seem to have .50 BMG handguns so this makes me believe .50 BMG AP and incendiary ammo is also banned.

I can't seem to find an answer on this.

Is it banned? And if it is not banned, why is it not considering there are .50 BMG handguns?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:39:32 AM EDT
[#1]
NO....and mods kill this
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:43:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
and mods kill this
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:55:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:00:56 AM EDT
[#4]
It's not banned. No production pistols in this caliber.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:05:23 AM EDT
[#5]
91 posts in 11 years, and this is what you come up with?

ATF or DHS?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:22:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh OK, I see. The pistols I saw with a google search must have not been "production pistols"

What are the odds someone makes a production pistol?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:28:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Oh OK, I see. The pistols I saw with a google search must have not been "production pistols"

What are the odds someone makes a production pistol?
View Quote
You seem to be the worst troll ever, as this has nothing to do with technical discussion.

This needs to be moved to GD or locked.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:32:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Lock it down
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 3:39:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Its a valid question. Why attack the guy. Anyways, anything is possible with ATF. Have read and article (will have to go find it) about 5 months ago that ATF wants to do away with all AP rounds for commercial (personal) use. Will post it when I find it. If this administration had there way, all guns would be confiscated.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 4:06:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Its a valid question. Why attack the guy. Anyways, anything is possible with ATF. Have read and article (will have to go find it) about 5 months ago that ATF wants to do away with all AP rounds for commercial (personal) use. Will post it when I find it. If this administration had there way, all guns would be confiscated.
View Quote

Nobody manufactures anything new in AP for commercial.  ATF has already done that. All AP anything for us is surplus, but only handgun caliber a are outright banned federally.

M855 was exempted from AP status as it didn't have any of the materials listed, and there is a true AP 5.56 round.

This is different from the EO banning steel core imports.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 4:16:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Where is this .50BMG pistol of which you speak?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:03:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:22:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
OP should write a letter to ATF.    
View Quote

Don't even joke like that brother...
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:12:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Reading the LAW - it excludes single-shot specialty pistols.

Please LOCK this topic.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:01:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Lots of good stuff here, why would you want it locked? You could argue maybe moved, although I think this falls into technical talk.

I honestly could not find any of this information with google searches.

Single shot specialty pistols is also interesting, I guess I should read the law.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:37:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Would anyone know where API ammo on the market comes from? Is this old stuff still floating around or is new stuff brought into the market?

I see it can't be produced so I am wondering where it comes from?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:33:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:19:52 AM EDT
[#18]
All of the AP/API projectiles on the market are surplus. No company makes anything AP/API for the commercial market any more. The ATF puts too much extra pressure on them or outright bans them if they can be used at all in any pistol caliber guns.
Look at what they did for the barnes solid bullets.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:38:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Would anyone know where API ammo on the market comes from? Is this old stuff still floating around or is new stuff brought into the market?

I see it can't be produced so I am wondering where it comes from?
View Quote

This is the type of info trolling an anti-gunner would be doing.  This individual is probably hostile to our rights and coming to us for information to hang ourselves with.  Why else would someone ask such questions with less than 100 posts since 2003?  This individual knows very little about the industry...let alone the tiny segment that is the 50 BMG community.  The 50 BMG has been on the hit list of the communist gun banners for many years.  I believe one of their operatives started this thread.  LOCK THIS THREAD!!!  
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 6:56:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Well its not hard to do a google search to find the stuff. But you might be right, lock this thread!
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Lock or delete
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:29:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Done
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top