Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2015 2:56:07 PM EDT
I was shooting 600-1000 yds and found the AE M33 to be a bit erratic.  I'm looking for something a bit more consistent without spending $6 each for Amax.

Is PMC any better?  Any other recommendations?
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 5:20:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Reload your own ammo.

Save your cases = cost $0.00 (or factor in your original cost divided by 10 for the minimum number of firings)
New CCI#35 primers = cost $0.45 each
Virgin H5010 powder = cost $ 0.23 each (New H50BMG will cost about $0.80 each)
Lehigh 510-120 solid ball = cost $1.20 each

Total cost for an accurate round that fits into a magazine = Cost $1.88 each

LEE reloading setup about $300 with some accessories = divide that cost by the number of rounds you will ever fire and add to your ammo cost (should be far less than $1 each round.

I teach RELOADING and have had student fly-in from as far away as Tucson AZ for training of loading the 50BMG for target competitions.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 11:20:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Can you elaborate a bit on the reloading setup?  I priced out getting into 50 reloading a while back, and came up with much bigger numbers.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can you elaborate a bit on the reloading setup?  I priced out getting into 50 reloading a while back, and came up with much bigger numbers.
View Quote

I'm guessing the Lee kit he is talking about is this one. I've seen it as low as $230ish.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 6:31:02 PM EDT
[#4]
This Lee is $215. Not sure the shipping. Works great for me.
http://www.titanreloading.com/lee-classic-cast-50-bmg-kit
Got some bullets from these guys. Not to bad of prices...
http://50bmgsupply.com/components.shtml
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 6:43:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Who has the best price on powder and primers? I've got all the dies for my .50 but never picked up powder and primers.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 7:47:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I have noticed a bit better groups with the pmc than black box. But not by much.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 9:30:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Who has the best price on powder and primers? I've got all the dies for my .50 but never picked up powder and primers.
View Quote

Like your cannon cocker avatar. I was artillery Surveyor for 8 years of my army career. For the powder and primers, just shop around for local as shipping cost to much with hazmat fees. What state are you in?
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 2:43:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tula primers here aren't so bad;

http://powdervalleyinc.com/

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top