Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2015 5:53:18 PM EDT
I have been using 649gr. api bullets and 210 gr. of wc860 powder for my ar50,  just got some of the barnes tsx bullets in 647gr.  
My question is can I use the same load with these bullets?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:43:11 PM EDT
[#1]
210 of 860 is a good place to start, for either projectile, but I expect either would work best worked up from there.

Unless you've got some super hot wc860 like I've never seen.
(Which could be, I just haven't seen it )
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:07:24 PM EDT
[#2]
This is from Barnes web site....
http://www.barnesbullets.com/images/50BMGWeb.pdf
Would suggest start low and work up, looking for over pressure signs.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 10:47:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
210 of 860 is a good place to start, for either projectile, but I expect either would work best worked up from there.

View Quote

nope, just don't need all the extra umph with hotter loads. also my modified lyman powder measure won't go any higher so I've stuck with light/starter loads.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 5:53:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

nope, just don't need all the extra umph with hotter loads. also my modified lyman powder measure won't go any higher so I've stuck with light/starter loads.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cut the powder charge in half, throw twice.

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top