User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 10:34:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If completed correctly every time there would not be a problem. But since it happened to the O.P.,  it doesn't work every time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mount brake, slide QC check rod into bore to check alignment and bore/exit hole size/alignment. Done.

If completed correctly every time there would not be a problem. But since it happened to the O.P.,  it doesn't work every time.

Because apparently there was no check system in place.  See how that works.......or not.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 12:30:55 PM EDT
[#2]
As much as I would like to have a 50 bmg upper w/match chamber / barrel wouldn't go with Zel at this time. Every firearm I have bought from reputable (small or big) manufacturers has been test fired. This would actually eliminate attaching the wrong …. (fill in whatever) at whatever end of the barrel. Hell after firing a round through the wrong muzzle brake Mr X in charge of test firing would be very quickly to make sure who the dumb Mr Y in assembly get his act together…

I guess my next 50 would be either an AR 50 or a Ferret...
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 3:38:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Annoying is ok with me Aubie1. I thought it was annoying to have a $2000 gun blow up the muzzle brake the first time I pulled the trigger. Also if this is the biggest forum and all others don't matter, why would you have an account with the other forums. Its one of those times where if you see something you don't like, don't click on it buddy. I just feel its important that Zel has a visible bad review when no others exist. The product I was sent was unsafe and a hassle to buy , blow up and return. That being said, the refund (and another paycheck) was spent on an M99 barrett which should be here next week.

There are other forums and other posts, but someone else might not be the high-speed forum master you are... so they might have missed the review, bought an upper and have the same experience or worse. I would hope this review and a few minutes of my time posting about my experience will prevent that. I do like your avatar though and don't really want to start a pissing match, so I'll take the annoying title and I haven't continued to badmouth Zel Customs any further after getting my refund. But I'm also not about to pretend it didn't happen... it was kinda a f***ed experience. YMMV though so feel free to buy one and disregard the postings of an "annoying" poster.

Try to remember this is a forum, quite literally a safe haven to hold discussions, talk freely and review products. Just because a review isn't positive doesn't mean it isn't valuable to someone else who might have been saving up their hard earned money to buy this product. I think Zel will continually improve their products and thrive as a company. They certainly advertise enough in shotgun news...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top