Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 7/22/2014 8:16:03 AM EDT
Which hard case are you using for your 50?

Even more specific for your AR50?

Post some pics of your set ups if you don't mind.

My SKB case isn't cutting it any more.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:57:57 AM EDT
[#1]
AR-50 is a hard rifle to find a case for. What is the overall length of it? I have a 36" barrel on my Ferret 50. But it is set up that the muzzle brake is only hand tightened so that helps with the length. I have a Pelican 1750 case. If I remember correctly it has a 53" inside dimension. So with the brake off, from back of receiver to front of barrel it has just a few inches of foam between it and the case but with enough room to put in the lower and brake with room for some ammo.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:38:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I love these threads so I can show off my case

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:51:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Ah yes, I had forgotten that one. Nice job AR. Which one is that? Stinger, LAW or another one?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:02:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Stinger. It works awesome. Still havent put my wheels on it yet but its a head turner at the range. Even caught some guys taken a pic of it once
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:33:11 PM EDT
[#5]
How long is the ar50?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:40:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stinger. It works awesome. Still havent put my wheels on it yet but its a head turner at the range. Even caught some guys taken a pic of it once
View Quote

I have one listed in the EE
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 2:31:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LINKY

I have seen a couple REDEYE CASES, that are a bit shorter, but the lid doesn't have the hinge and it comes completely off.

A LAW shipping case is a tube similar to a powder charge tube for a 155mm, but made entirely of aluminum.

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:29:12 AM EDT
[#8]
dont have an AR50 But am using this case with the rifle broken down for
my 36" Bohica.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/699219/plano-gun-guard-aw-series-double-scoped-rifle-gun-case-with-wheels-52-polymer-black
it comes in and out of stock all the time.
the damn thing fits but is tight.

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:34:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I found the perfect case, only problem is the price. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/830448/pelican-1770-scoped-rifle-gun-case-with-solid-foam-insert-and-wheels-57-polymer-black?cm_vc=ProductFinding  Pelican must be getting rich if they can get away with charging $500 for a 57' case like this. I need to win the lottery but that is kind of hard to do since I've never purchased a ticket.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 5:15:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I found the perfect case, only problem is the price. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/830448/pelican-1770-scoped-rifle-gun-case-with-solid-foam-insert-and-wheels-57-polymer-black?cm_vc=ProductFinding  Pelican must be getting rich if they can get away with charging $500 for a 57' case like this. I need to win the lottery but that is kind of hard to do since I've never purchased a ticket.
View Quote

Holy crap, Batman!!
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 5:06:53 AM EDT
[#11]
i put a set of motorcycle front wheels on my Stinger missile case so I could tow completed unit behind my KTM530EXC.
Works great for towing short distances on and off-road. KTM works great for checking targets at severe ranges.
missile case modified to hold both my rifles and carry shooting supplies also. case comes off trailer easily.

i quit riding now due to leg issues.
daughter has KTM530 at Virginia Tech
Sold trailer unit
Still have Stinger case complete with original markings
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top