Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 4/5/2014 7:45:22 AM EDT
Any trigger recommendations for a 50 build? Looking at something that I can get about 1.5 to 2.0 lbs out of that is fairly durable.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 9:32:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Rock River two stage match.  Simply hone the sear and the hammer to put a good polish on them and you will have a good and comparatively cheap trigger that will meet your needs.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 1:24:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Is this for a AR conversion upper 50 like the Safety Harbor or Tactlite?

Zel Customs the maker of the Tactilite sells a modified Timney Trigger Group for their Tactilite that is a drop in. It already has the heavy hammer etc and fits any AR lower. I believe it will work for the Safety Harbor and other conversion uppers that bolt to a AR lower. Somewhat pricey but gives you what you are looking for. 1.5-2.0lbs is a little light for these things. Be careful.

I would be interested to hear if others have used a modified trigger group like the Rock River for a Safety Harbor upper. What if any mods did you need to make (besides the heavier Hammer) this work?
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 1:31:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I like Jewel triggers
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 1:56:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 4:38:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I will be using a McMillan action right hand bolt left port for some longer distance shooting.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 7:24:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I agree with competitor, Jewel and Shilen are two of the best but it would help to know what type of rifle you're building. That and what you plan on doing with it, no need to spend hundreds of dollars on a trigger package that you could swap out to a lesser one and still get good results.
View Quote

Make me #3 for the jewel triggers on a AR lower.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 8:14:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I will be using a McMillan action right hand bolt left port for some longer distance shooting.
View Quote

Jewel
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 9:14:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 10:27:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Ferret makes a nice Match trigger for $185.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top