Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 7/18/2011 8:10:53 AM EDT
Hi Guys,

This is Chris Rosequist, President of BOHICA Arms Inc.  - Hopefully ARFCOM site staff won't ban me.....Again

I know some of you don't care for us.... that's mutual, as I don't care for you either :-)  

Some people have speculated that there was a design issue with our uppers, this is not the case, the uppers are as safe as any firearm of this caliber can possibly be. We also only have knowlege of the one OOB in cali that everyone knows of that resulted in injury. That was found to be Ammo related.

Here is what is actually going on.

I have lurked here for the last 3 or 4 months, as I have not been able to say anything regarding our company until official papers were received. As of Today it's official - ATF has killed the upper industry.  

We have been notified by ATF Industry operations  that The BOHICA MKIV and the Saftey Harbor Upper in particular (With more more to come as I was told) Have been determined to be GCA firearms by the tech branch. We are still waiting on the actual tech branch finding, but have been issued administrative notice that we are no longer allowed to mfg uppers. We have been in a holding pattern for the last 4 months due to notification of a pending finding. I would ASSUME  that this will aslo extend to the Ferret, ALS, Tactilite and the Blackthorne as well ( This is MY speculation)

This carries dire consequences for the entire AR15 community as this is no doubt a start of more controls. I was also told that this will extend to the Belt Fed Razorback and LM7 from Lakeside as well as the Ares Shrike.

Obviously this can also be construed to possibly reach to the entire AR upper world, including caliber conversions.

We are in the process of contacting the NRA-ILA for assistance dealing with this matter.

Please refrain from humping my leg or stabbing me in the back for this post.  I will provide more info as it becomes available.

Sincerely,

Chris Rosequist
BOHICA Arms Inc.
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 8:28:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I just mentioned a few days ago(as a new member here), I would never be able to afford a 50BMG had it not been for BOHICA or some other affordable AR upper options...Now it's history!  WTF!
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 8:33:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Sad news.
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 8:49:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 8:50:11 AM EDT
[#4]
rehash of banned account
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top