Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/11/2011 11:18:44 AM EDT
Bohica is Out of Business! I got the word today .
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 11:41:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Well???

What's the scoop?  Chris just get tired of running a business, did the ATF shut him down, bought out, what???

Link Posted: 7/11/2011 11:44:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Why is it the only post you have posted is about dissing Bohica. Not saying I don't belive you but a little proof or a link would be nice.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=3&t=301869&page=8
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 12:21:42 PM EDT
[#3]
....this has nothing to do with the company but i heard a funny acronym for it....bend over here it comes again...

sorry im bored and saw this
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 12:33:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
....this has nothing to do with the company but i heard a funny acronym for it....bend over here it comes again...

sorry im bored and saw this

That's what BOHICA has stood for since the beginning of time.
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 12:48:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 1:00:58 PM EDT
[#6]
People have assumed this in the past as they can be tough to get a hold of.  As of last month they were transitioning to a new facility.

That said, there is a report of a recent kaboom. No details out yet.

Link Posted: 7/11/2011 3:01:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

from where may i ask?
or is just a 3rd person rumor?
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 7:08:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I had not heard of this. What is more important is that each shooter should be concerned about the safety of the weapon that they are shooting. I dont care who makes the weapon. If there is a safety issue that this be addressed no matter who makes the weapon.

please keep everyone appraised of any new info.

Link Posted: 7/11/2011 10:43:10 PM EDT
[#9]
The Bohica Web site is still up and running.

Link Posted: 7/14/2011 11:07:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had not heard of this. What is more important is that each shooter should be concerned about the safety of the weapon that they are shooting. I dont care who makes the weapon. If there is a safety issue that this be addressed no matter who makes the weapon.

please keep everyone appraised of any new info.

Thousands of people shooting their own reloads, most of them using military surplus ammo/ brass, powder, and bullets that may or may not be properly sized, stored, weighed, loaded etc.  Not to mention it's one of the largest (if not THE largest) non-NFA round available.  I'm honestly surprised we don't hear about more KB's in the .50 community than we do...
Link Posted: 7/14/2011 12:25:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I've had my mk-iv for about six months with no issues.  I hope this is not the end of Bohica, I would not have been able to afford some of the other top end 50's.
Link Posted: 7/15/2011 3:20:17 AM EDT
[#12]
biggest issue I have with mine is it is hard to get the spent round out of the chamber some times
Link Posted: 7/15/2011 4:03:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
biggest issue I have with mine is it is hard to get the spent round out of the chamber some times

Clean it more often.
Link Posted: 7/15/2011 9:51:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Got a MK III. No problems..... Shoots great
Link Posted: 7/15/2011 10:28:40 AM EDT
[#15]
to continue this thread without proof is libel. show details OP.
Link Posted: 7/15/2011 10:29:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is it the only post you have posted is about dissing Bohica. Not saying I don't belive you but a little proof or a link would be nice.

your link doesnt work.
Link Posted: 7/15/2011 10:35:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

your link doesnt work.

Uh, look at the top of every single forum page for more info as to why the link doesn't work.

Hint:  It's labeled:  "Site Notice   Forum Update - NEW URLS & MORE!!!"

Link Posted: 7/15/2011 12:45:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/15/2011 7:26:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
No more threats from their computer network guy to fist fight people off the internet?

He hasn't been a part of their business for some time.
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 12:18:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
No more threats from their computer network guy to fist fight people off the internet?

He hasn't been a part of their business for some time.

They had bad break up. Their computer guy owns primal rights. I wouldnt be surprised if jdfreak was actually him with all 7 of his posts being against bohica.
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 12:30:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Also he ran the bohica forum and sold bohica parts and as soon as they broke up he starts talking all sorts of shit about how shitty and dangerous the bohicas are. THEN WHY THE FUCK WERE YOU SELLING THEIR SHIT?!!!   I guess its a pretty good judge of his character.
Link Posted: 7/17/2011 10:47:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clean it more often.

i have this issue alot... almost ever shot .. and its cleaned almost ever time out....

Link Posted: 7/17/2011 1:29:31 PM EDT
[#23]
With the MKI there was an issue and Chris had to start polishing the chamber. So as I remember it, MKII and above should have a polished chamber to help with the extractions. Might take a look at some of your shot brass and look for rings on the case. If you are seeing rings running around the case, then I would want to inspect the chamber for rough tooling marks. How tight are the rounds when you chamber them and close the bolt? I reload my ammo and found that I was not properly sizing the brass. Was just a wee bit tight to close the bolt and just a wee bit more trying to open the bolt. Yet all my my ammo that just a touch tight or just loose, then no real problem to extract the spent case. Wonder if the head spacing might be a bit on the tight side?
Link Posted: 7/17/2011 3:15:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

your link doesnt work.

it works for me. Try pushing the button harder.
Link Posted: 7/17/2011 3:17:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

your link doesnt work.

Uh, look at the top of every single forum page for more info as to why the link doesn't work.

Did I miss something? What Notice?
Link Posted: 7/17/2011 3:28:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

your link doesnt work.

Yes, you apparently did miss it.  It was on the top of every single page on this web site for several days.  Site URL's have changed to make them tie into the topics better for better search engine results.
Link Posted: 7/17/2011 6:28:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

your link doesnt work.

Yes, you apparently did miss it.  It was on the top of every single page on this web site for several days.  Site URL's have changed to make them tie into the topics better for better search engine results.

Does that change the way we hot link topics?

Link Posted: 7/17/2011 6:38:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Suuuuuure they are out of business , they are tricking us by keeping the web site up , those Bastards
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 3:19:37 AM EDT
[#29]
I just sent them an Email last night about a few issues I have lets see if they respond.

I shot my rifle over the weekend and I found that wiping down the round in slp2000 made it much easier to extract the round and this is using factory new american eagle ammo
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 9:29:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 9:34:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 10:33:31 AM EDT
[#32]
As of 2:29 pm 7-18-11 we have not been notified of anything by anyone about the mentioned ATF ruling.
Walter Keller
Safety Harbor Firearms Inc.
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 10:54:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I just sent them an Email last night about a few issues I have lets see if they respond.

I shot my rifle over the weekend and I found that wiping down the round in slp2000 made it much easier to extract the round and this is using factory new american eagle ammo

That is NOT a good idea.  Bolt thrust goes sky high when you do this.  It may give the desired result now, but it will possibly give a very undesirable one down the road.
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 10:56:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Oops he's dead again. I'd love to see some documentation, a letter or whatever, from the batf regarding their upper

Any idea how he would post that?
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 12:04:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
As of 2:29 pm 7-18-11 we have not been notified of anything by anyone about the mentioned ATF ruling.
Walter Keller

Kind of thought so.

By BOHICA's other thread, ATF could make any upper that you slap on a lower illegal. Kind of BS on BOHICA's part.
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 12:06:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is NOT a good idea.  Bolt thrust goes sky high when you do this.  It may give the desired result now, but it will possibly give a very undesirable one down the road.

Sorry dude. Not such thing as "bolt thrust". The only way if that would happen is if the bolt was incorrectly headspaced to the barrel.
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 12:22:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 12:55:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obviously not the best idea but other than using a brass rod and hammer every time what's the solution? Oh and still no response from my email.
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Polish the chamber, use new manufactured brass if you're using once fired .mil brass now.

You shouldn't need a hammer either.  You just need to drop the cleaning rod (I only use one 1 ft section) while you cam the bolt.
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 1:00:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry dude. Not such thing as "bolt thrust". The only way if that would happen is if the bolt was incorrectly headspaced to the barrel.

That may be true, but it has been proven that oiling rounds that normally generate 50-60kpsi can generate upwards of 70kpsi to the bolt.

The system relies on friction between dissimilar metals.  When the chamber walls have significantly less friction, more force is vectored to the bolt (more or less, the term bolt thrust should be "bolt pressure").
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 2:11:38 PM EDT
[#41]
You get an increase in chamber pressure because you are decreasing chamber area by oiling the brass. The brass can't expand to the chamber wall. So, a tighter chamber= higher chamber pressure.
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 2:23:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Ammo I was using was new american eagle. Should probably clarify what I did was put a little slp on a paper towel clean the brass and wipe it down with a dry towel so its not like it was dripping oil was just trying to make sure it was clean and smooth
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 2:37:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Walter Keller

Kind of thought so.

By BOHICA's other thread, ATF could make any upper that you slap on a lower illegal. Kind of BS on BOHICA's part.

ATF has already done that to at least 3 other uppers.
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#44]

I hope they are history...

Had some dealings with him when he was located here in Minnesota, Chris is an ass and will screw you.

He put out an inferior product and will blame it on everyone else without taking responsibility.

If you had a good experience then you are fortunate..

I have not heard anything on an ATF ruling about uppers, probably Chris blaming someone else again.

Link Posted: 7/18/2011 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#45]
I saw the original thread when it was posted and started making calls to a few of the upper manufacturers. I’m glad to see that Walter has posted and I’ve gotten the same story from ALS. None of us have heard anything even close to what Chris is stating. I looked over the ATF site and didn’t see any news, rulings or regs on the subject either. I put a call into John Burtt (FCSA, FCI, NRA) asking if he has heard anything….I’m waiting on a call back and will let you know what I hear.

Ok, if something indeed has gone down at ATF over these uppers, any uppers for that matter….its kind of strange that Bohica would know about it first and would know what is to come. The only way I see that happening is if he was stirring the pot at ATF about uppers, and still I don’t see the feds making this kind of ruling as it would have far reaching implications. Nevertheless, I would love to see what documentation Chris has. I’m sure he is lurking sooooo,,,,, Chris, put up or shut up!

Nuff said,
Dave
Ferret50
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 5:15:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you say so.
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 5:26:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Any work from jdfreak?

I see he's real popular here.
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 5:27:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
You get an increase in chamber pressure because you are decreasing chamber area by oiling the brass. The brass can't expand to the chamber wall. So, a tighter chamber= higher chamber pressure.

Yep......PV=nRT....decrease'the volume of the chamber, you increase the pressure of the system.....physical chemistry 101.
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 5:33:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you say so.

Yep. Worked in firearms manufacturing for 17 years. Nearly all of it 50BMG work. Heard all the "fallacies". Bolt thrust is one of them.
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 5:35:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you say so.

Yep. Worked in firearms manufacturing for 17 years. Nearly all of it 50BMG work. Heard all the "fallacies". Bolt thrust is one of them.

Bolt thrust is the force placed on the face of the bolt. It is calculated by cartridge pressure  x  cartridge head area.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top