BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2011 4:56:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 5:03:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What is a realistic price for the 50 BMG Raufoss rounds?

Link Posted: 5/16/2011 5:12:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What is a realistic price for the 50 BMG Raufoss rounds?

one was sold on auctionarms for $75 - and by one i mean a SINGLE round..

auction-ecom sold 25 for $500 - safe you the math $20/per

Brian
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought 3 for $100 a few months ago.  They are the real deal and not fakes.  I had them x-rayed.

I will probably never shoot them.  They just chill on my dresser.

Here is a link to a thread I started a while ago.  My one buddy bought a whole bunch and got burned on them.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=3&t=335255
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 5:25:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I bought 3 for $100 a few months ago.  They are the real deal and not fakes.  I had them x-rayed.

Here is a link to a thread I started a while ago.  My one buddy bought a whole bunch and got burned on them.

Did he ever get the matter resolved? I suspect not `eh?
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 5:35:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did he ever get the matter resolved? I suspect not `eh?

I should have updated that thread.  He never got his money back.  He dumped they back online for sale stating that they were API.  He got some of his money back, but still lost out.

Link Posted: 5/16/2011 5:51:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I hate to hear that.

Do you know if the individual who was supposedly selling the "real" Raufoss rounds is still at it & scamming folks?
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 5:55:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I hate to hear that.

Do you know if the individual who was supposedly selling the "real" Raufoss rounds is still at it & scamming folks?

I look on gunbroker every now and again and will see some fake stuff.  I know what to look for now and almost 98% of the stuff is fake.

The guy he bought it from had a ton of it and I am sure he is still posting it as the real deal.

Link Posted: 5/16/2011 6:19:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/17/2011 4:00:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

What do you look for? I got some in a trade and I'm trying to figure out what they are worth. They are headstamped  FNB 50 92.

Post some pictures of the tip of the bullet.  I can usually tell by the way the tips are shaped.  If they are more rounded then they are probably real, plus the paint has to look a certain way.

Link Posted: 5/17/2011 8:05:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/17/2011 1:43:23 PM EDT
[#11]
At the Knob Creek Spring shoot they were going for $50 each. That's down from the past few shoots where they were priced at $65 each.
Link Posted: 5/17/2011 1:48:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks, I guess that's a good starting point. I posted them in the Ammo EE if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 5/17/2011 3:00:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Pics added

The pictures of the rounds look fake to me, ESPECIALLY the silver color.

Here's a picture of real vs incendiary.  Notice the FAT mk211 tip, the white paint vs silver.

Link Posted: 5/17/2011 3:45:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pics added

Here's a picture of real vs incendiary.  Notice the FAT mk211 tip, the white paint vs silver.

http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL965/4056977/23525913/395058411.jpg

Thanks for the photo! Seems like there is a big difference in API and the Raufoss. Good info.
Link Posted: 5/17/2011 3:55:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/17/2011 4:47:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Bro, your rounds LOOK fake to me.  I hope you didn't get scammed by some joe who said he snagged them right from the ammo dump at Knox, but I hope you're not trying to scam anybody either. The handheld pic looks almost right, but the mint green tips in the can shot (where the rounds are forshortened making them "look fatter" is exactly like some fakes I've handled.

Shoot a pic with any type of 50 next to what you have, you don't even need to mic it.
If you are really interested, I might be able to hook you up with a guy who can x-ray them in Loisville.
Link Posted: 5/17/2011 5:56:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pics added

http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL965/4056977/23525913/395058411.jpg

Jester knows what he's talking about. His shit has been X-rayed.
Link Posted: 5/17/2011 6:22:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/17/2011 6:29:07 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bro, your rounds LOOK fake to me.  I hope you didn't get scammed by some joe who said he snagged them right from the ammo dump at Knox, but I hope you're not trying to scam anybody either. The handheld pic looks almost right, but the mint green tips in the can shot (where the rounds are forshortened making them "look fatter" is exactly like some fakes I've handled.

Shoot a pic with any type of 50 next to what you have, you don't even need to mic it.

If you are really interested, I might be able to hook you up with a guy who can x-ray them in Loisville.

What are you basing that on Bro? Do you have any of these rounds, and if you do, do they have the same Headstamp as these? Have you looked at the ones currently listed on Gunbroker, they look just like these, are they fake? I've seen and held several of these rounds and there are variation in the tip color (Silver/White) from different manufactures. These are rare and most people usually only have 1 or 2 of them so I don't see how anyone could say that this looks fake compared to that unless they have a very large collection with different headstamps.

As far as me trying to scam someone, look at my Feedback (+110). I didn't post this to debate fake vs real, but since that was posted, I asked what to look for in a fake. Like I said before, post a pic of your rounds without another round next to it and I doubt anyone can tell anything about the tip.

Cockroach is the gentleman who was nice enough to scan everyone's rounds a few months back.  He got to look at a bunch of real and fake rounds.  He probably knows what to look for.

As stated earlier, try to get a picture of your MK211 rds vs a regular AP, API, etc.  We can probably tell by the picture.

Link Posted: 5/17/2011 7:57:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/17/2011 9:36:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/18/2011 2:50:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Bondster...Every auction on Gunbroker is fake.

The guy on GB has defrauded people of about 150K-250K in the past 18 months. Did he get you for $1200?
Link Posted: 5/18/2011 5:04:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/18/2011 6:43:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Gunbroker has made alot of money off the commissions from that guys sales. They have actively NOT pursued it.

There are hardly any legal channels to get raufuss rounds. The other ammo/bullets we have access to are surplus mil. Real Raufuss rounds, while legal to own, would have to fall off the truck within the .Mil or a contractor that makes them.

Link Posted: 5/18/2011 9:39:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/18/2011 10:25:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If you are really interested, I might be able to hook you up with a guy who can x-ray them in Louisville.

I never called you a scammer, but these rounds have a well documented history of being faked.

You asked, posted pics, and are being offered assistance.  If you don't know that they are real and don't care to find out, but are still selling them on this site as the real deal.............................

I do agree yours look exactly like the ones being sold on GB.  

Link Posted: 5/18/2011 12:19:02 PM EDT
[#27]
+1, Now that you have your likely fake rounds listed in the EE. Trying to pass the screwage on to others. Please prove us wrong.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=133&t=874837

Can somebody post the link to the raufoss thread we had a month or two ago? It had a ton of good info in it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2011 12:31:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
+1, Now that you have your likely fake rounds listed in the EE. Trying to pass the screwage on to others. Please prove us wrong.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=133&t=874837

Can somebody post the link to the raufoss thread we had a month or two ago? It had a ton of good info in it.

You mean this one, listed earlier??

I reported the EE listing for the fake rounds to the mods.
Link Posted: 5/18/2011 1:01:04 PM EDT
[#29]
OH SNAP!

We tell him they are most likely fake, and he goes and sells them as such anyway...this shall be interesting.
Link Posted: 5/18/2011 1:28:18 PM EDT
[#30]
My Raufoss round only cost me ~$2  (and a few minutes with some white and green Testor’s model paint).  I never have to worry about whether or not I spent too much money for it…
Link Posted: 5/18/2011 3:21:00 PM EDT
[#31]
So what does a Raufoss round do?Why does it cost so much?
Link Posted: 5/18/2011 3:38:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raufoss_Mk_211
Link Posted: 5/18/2011 4:56:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Ads gone and so is his first post. I wonder where he is off the sell them.
Link Posted: 5/18/2011 5:04:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That's EXACTLY what such an action would seem to suggest...

Lets all watch for Raufoss for sale shipping from KY.
Link Posted: 5/18/2011 6:53:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

All of his unquoted posts are gone.

What a slimy SOB. (is that CoC compliant?)
Link Posted: 5/18/2011 7:26:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

All of his unquoted posts are gone.

What a slimy SOB. (is that CoC compliant?)

I think he deserves at least a permaban for trying to pull that shit.
Link Posted: 5/19/2011 5:47:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It's an armor piercing incendiary round with a small quantity of explosive in it to make it more effective than a regular API round.

They are expensive because they are grey market (testing lot overruns or stolen from .MIL) and very limited quantities are out there. None of the manufacturers sell them directly to the public. Not sure if police departments buy them either.

They are legal to own, assuming they are not stolen. They have less than 1/4oz explosive, so they are not considered destructive devices by NFA standards.

Nobody really shoots them due to their collectable value, but the effect from the shooter's point of view is not much different from an API round. Flash of light, puff of smoke and a hole in whatever you were shooting at.
Link Posted: 5/26/2011 6:13:21 PM EDT
[#38]
They are fun to fire. Fired a lot of it at Barrett. It's not very accurate past about 800m. Winchester states this in their literature.
AP is much more accurate.
Link Posted: 5/26/2011 6:30:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
They are fun to fire. Fired a lot of it at Barrett. It's not very accurate past about 800m. Winchester states this in their literature.

When your workin` for the government & behind an M2, I wouldn`t think that accuracy would be much of a concern! Oops!  Missed !! lLets fire another 20 round burst or more!! LOL! Just more fun on the taxpayers dime!

Link Posted: 5/28/2011 7:19:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

When your workin` for the government & behind an M2, I wouldn`t think that accuracy would be much of a concern! Oops!  Missed !! lLets fire another 20 round burst or more!! LOL! Just more fun on the taxpayers dime!

7-10 rd burst thankyou very much!!!!!!!!!!!

We were going through our Conn-ex the other day organizing getting ready to turn gear over to the new guys and we found a box of ammo in our "test fire" "extra ammo" pile that was kind of mis-matched.  The LT about peed himself when he looked up the lot number and swore up and down it was the "stuff that explodes!!!!"  I pointed at the silver tip and said, "sir...thats API.  Not a Raufuss round."  Of course he didnt believe me.  That was fun pulling up the color codings online and showing up the boss :)
Link Posted: 6/9/2011 5:24:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Hey guys, I just wanted to let everyone here know that these are the real deal.  I x-rayed two rounds that he sent me along with a personal round and they are identical except for headstamp.

If you want some, you might email bondster.  His rounds are legit, and on top of that he seems like a nice guy.
Link Posted: 6/9/2011 8:41:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Hey guys, I just wanted to let everyone here know that these are the real deal.  I x-rayed two rounds that he sent me along with a personal round and they are identical except for headstamp.

If you want some, you might email bondster.  His rounds are legit, and on top of that he seems like a nice guy.

Wow.. Can you post pictures of the rounds along with the one you got from me? If that's the case, and the silver color is legit, that changes things a lot.
Link Posted: 6/9/2011 9:23:00 AM EDT
[#43]
I can post pics tonight (If I can remember my photobucket password)
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top