Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 10:57:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 12:22:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: buck19delta] [#2]
My new baby. I'm going to need to put a scope on it now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 12:51:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 50_Shooter] [#3]
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 10:33:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: buck19delta] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 50_Shooter:
Have you decided yet? A Nightforce SHV is right about $1K and are super nice. I'm looking at putting one on my 7mm Valkyrie project.

If you're planning on going straight to the buy once cry once, ATACR, BEAST, S&B, US Optics... Used to be a guy on Biggerhammer that gave discounts to members. His name was Don, I'll look at the old board and see if I can find his info for you.

ETA: Found it pretty fast, tell him you still visit the Biggerhammer forum off of the Machine gun board.

Don at Long Range Supply
www.longrangesupply.com
View Quote
Not yet. I have a older leupold mk4 4.5x14 I'm going to put on it short term.  I don't really know what kinds of scopes to buy. I NEED 2-3,  3x9 scopes right now for other guns, as well as some red dot sights. those will take my budget for the rest of this year, along with other gun parts and stocking up on .50bmg components.   The more difficult guns will be the AR-50, and the two long range guns I'm planning to get next year. AR-30, in .338, and a ruger precision in 6.5cm.  those three will need a lot better scopes than a $300.00 leupold 3x9.

Id like to get one vortex razor hd, 4.5x27x56mm. those are amazing scopes, but a lot of money. If possible I will buy three of those. those would be my dream scopes though, and a bit optimistic.  three $500-$1000 scopes for those three guns are a lot more realistic though, and probably what I will end up with. I don't have a brand or model yet though.

No matter what I do, it wont be in the budget until 2019. There are just too many things I need to get done, and pay for. I WILL probably buy those 2-3 leupold 3x9 scopes though before hunting season gets here. 2019 I will be buying those 2 long range rifles, and scopes for them, and that AR-50 .50bmg.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 8:41:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SE1] [#5]
This is my first foray into the big 50 world, I didn't realize how little the recoil is with the AR50. I love the quality in this rifle. I trimmed the cheek rest a little and was able to use some Vortex rings I had on hand. I installed a Vortex 6-24 x 50 Viper on it and have been happy (so far) but have only been able to fire 10 rounds (PMC Bronze) @ 100 yds so far. I need to straighten up the foam pad on the cheek rest where I trimmed the aluminum so it looks a little better. I have all the stuff to reload now but need to find some more 647 gr ball for reloading, I bought 2 packs (20 pieces) of Top Brass 647 gr ball for the PMC brass I have. So far around here I am not able to shoot API or tracer etc. etc. I was surprised how big the Armalite brake is.

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top