Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Page / 46
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 9:16:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I finally had a chance to speak with Chris this morning.
My order had not been received and or lost in the shuffle as I expected.
Growing pains for sure and glad I followed up.
All the more reason I suggested earlier a better system in placing/confirming an order with Chris. The object is to keep him off the phone I agree and confirmation of order is key so I/others don't have to call him with questions etc..
Hopefully the new web site and more horses will help.
As to those that thought I was not warranted for being concerned
Thanks for your help and time this morning Chris! Look forward to the new order I placed on line being confirmed
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 12:52:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I talked to Rich at Thompson machine this morning and he is shipping out the prototype billet lower this morning so that I can have it to display at Tulsa.  I will post some pics here also.  He says the price will come in around the same as the DPMS single shot lower except that it will be made from a billet instead of a reworked forging.

Here it is!

Link Posted: 4/2/2008 1:29:30 PM EDT
[#3]
hmm that is sexy!
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 1:30:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I talked to Rich at Thompson machine this morning and he is shipping out the prototype billet lower this morning so that I can have it to display at Tulsa.  I will post some pics here also.  He says the price will come in around the same as the DPMS single shot lower except that it will be made from a billet instead of a reworked forging.

Here it is!

www.gunco.net/gallery/watermark.php?file=13727&size=1

Very nice, when and from who will these be available?
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 1:47:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
[Very nice, when and from who will these be available?

Rich at Thompson machine.  This is a prototype.  They will be available very soon.
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 5:25:20 PM EDT
[#6]
i have a Bohica MK-I 30" for sale on the Bohica website forum.

thanks
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 6:29:28 PM EDT
[#7]
http://i25.tinypic.com/zjueef.jpg

Still waiting for an upper for this one + Cheek Riser and Recoil Pad.
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 7:06:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Chance,
Whose trigger group is that?  The hammer looks low mass.
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 7:25:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Chip McCormick Single Stage Curved Match Trigger.  It hits harder than a stock one and breaks like glass at about 3 pounds.  I am still waiting for Chris to post some FAR-50 Shooting results about this one and the other after market triggers.  I realize he is busy, but hopefully soon?
-Chance Chappell
Suisun City, Ca.
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 7:35:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Hmmm... I'm not sure if the chip mccormick will work simply because of the way it is shaped.

I'm sure chris will post his results when he gets some time.
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 7:47:44 PM EDT
[#11]
For anyone looking for some eye relief on a scope try Falcon Optics.  There built like tanks and have some nice glass.  Could be had for about $400 and the eye relief is extremely generous on my 4X14 X 44obj FFP
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 5:35:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
For anyone looking for some eye relief on a scope try Falcon Optics.  There built like tanks and have some nice glass.  Could be had for about $400 and the eye relief is extremely generous on my 4X14 X 44obj FFP

I looked 'em up on Sniper Central.  The specs show them all having only 3" of eye relief.

For real eye relief, there's the Bushnell Banner Trophy 3-9x40 shotgun scope, now them babies have 6" of eye relief (yes, I know it's a cheapo scope poorly suited to a high grade 50 BMG tactical pseudo sniper target rifle).
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 6:53:01 AM EDT
[#13]
It may say 3" for the Falcon but Im telling you its alot further than that.  i used my Mark 4 to compare.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 9:39:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Have a ruler?
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 10:00:22 AM EDT
[#15]
In case anyone else is using one or plans to use one an Accuracy Speaks trigger kit works perfectly without modification.  The trigger pull is 4.5lbs with a heavy spring.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 10:03:07 AM EDT
[#16]
height=8
Quoted:
I use Barska Tactical SWAT scopes on both my 50's.  The one on my Gunmetal Designs rifle is a 10-40x50, has 3.5" relief and over 200 rounds by it and still holds zero. (Very economical and available through Sportsmansguide. I love the 4 pay plan!)  No scope strike incidences with over 20 different shooters.  The key here I beleve is good cheek weld.  If you dont have it your going to get hit.  I dont care if it is a 30-06.    ooooosaaaaa!  Take a deep breath guys.

At the Sportsmans Guide site they call the Barska 10-40X50mm the Tactical, not the Tactical Swat as on the Barska site.   But the specs appear to that of the Tactical Swat The SG part number  is WX2-119452.  Is that the one you bought from SG?
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 11:00:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Damn every one of you I say Damn you all.  I dreamt about these damn rifles last night and I haven't even gotta an AR-15 or a Rem 700!  You all should be very ashamedm very ashamed I say.

Hopefully, I'll get to see the gun in Tulsa, again!

rant over.

OTOH....These look totally awesome and I can't wait to get to shoot one of these and then start saving up for one of my own.

J
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 11:32:21 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I use Barska Tactical SWAT scopes on both my 50's.  The one on my Gunmetal Designs rifle is a 10-40x50, has 3.5" relief and over 200 rounds by it and still holds zero. (Very economical and available through Sportsmansguide. I love the 4 pay plan!)  No scope strike incidences with over 20 different shooters.  The key here I beleve is good cheek weld.  If you dont have it your going to get hit.  I dont care if it is a 30-06.    ooooosaaaaa!  Take a deep breath guys.

At the Sportsmans Guide site they call the Barska 10-40X50mm the Tactical, not the Tactical Swat as on the Barska site.   But the specs appear to that of the Tactical Swat The SG part number  is WX2-119452.  Is that the one you bought from SG?

I've been looking into them.  The SWAT scopes are the only ones that are specifically 50 rated and use 30mm tubes.  The Tactical line use 1" tubes and are 1st focal plane scopes (size of the reticle changes proportionately with the magnification).
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 7:30:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
It may say 3" for the Falcon but Im telling you its alot further than that.  i used my Mark 4 to compare.

Check out the AR15 section under optics I posted a thread with lots of pics.  The cloudyness or blurrs your seing is my photo taking abilities not the optics.  im used to Leupold Mark4s and thats what we use at work but I got to tell you the Falcon optics impress me.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 9:04:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I finally took a picture of mine:

Yeah it's a crappy camphone picture.

I ordered my FAR back in Sept,  paid for back in Jan. I then  saved my pennies and sold some other goodies and ordered the LR308. Got both about the same time.

Just need to figure out what kind of glass to put on the fiddy.
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 7:39:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Super Sniper users, what kind of rings are you using? I've got a 16x on the way and need some rings!!!
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 7:48:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Burris Extreme Tactical X-high

Can't go wrong. :)
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 10:42:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Done Deal!
Just placed my order - now the waiting begins....
Guess I can spend the time upgrading my reloading bench!
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 1:23:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Done Deal!
Just placed my order - now the waiting begins....
Guess I can spend the time upgrading my reloading bench!

[MortalKombat]IT HAS BEGUN[/MortalKombat]

Congrats!!
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 2:29:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

For the fun of it, I called Barska (partially to see if their CS department answered the phone, which they did.)

They say the 10-40X50mm SWAT scopes are OK for 50 cal.  They also say the scope offered by Sportsman's Guide is indeed the SWAT model and should be the same as the SWAT tactical scopes offered by other vendors.

Searching around online I find a lot of contempt for Barska.  Their low end products are not well received.  People who leave reviews for Tactical SWATs at Cabelas and other online merchants are mostly positive, but then again the reviews may be written by people with a different sense of what a good scope is than I have.

I'm a little suspicious myself, an adjustable scope for $200, when a super sniper, side focus, fixed magnification scope is $400... zoom lenses are usually more expensive and more trouble prone, lots more optical elements and they have to move around too.  The "You get what you pay for" rule would indicate a zoom scope of similar quality to the SS would cost more, not half as much.

I'm tempted to try one, but will wait until I have a Bohica on hand to torture test it, as it may end up being returned.
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 3:03:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Chris,
Just checking on the status of my order placed ~January with an estimated deliver of mid April.  No push, or rush just want to check my place in line.
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 7:02:45 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For the fun of it, I called Barska (partially to see if their CS department answered the phone, which they did.)

They say the 10-40X50mm SWAT scopes are OK for 50 cal.  They also say the scope offered by Sportsman's Guide is indeed the SWAT model and should be the same as the SWAT tactical scopes offered by other vendors.

Searching around online I find a lot of contempt for Barska.  Their low end products are not well received.  People who leave reviews for Tactical SWATs at Cabelas and other online merchants are mostly positive, but then again the reviews may be written by people with a different sense of what a good scope is than I have.

I'm a little suspicious myself, an adjustable scope for $200, when a super sniper, side focus, fixed magnification scope is $400... zoom lenses are usually more expensive and more trouble prone, lots more optical elements and they have to move around too.  The "You get what you pay for" rule would indicate a zoom scope of similar quality to the SS would cost more, not half as much.

I'm tempted to try one, but will wait until I have a Bohica on hand to torture test it, as it may end up being returned.

The picture shown on Sportsman's guide must be an older version, then, 'cause that tube design is only used on the Tactical models now.

The current version looks like this:

I think I may give 'em a shot...Scopes with cheap lenses are no good at very high magnifications...but damn that Sportsman's price is right.
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 4:37:17 AM EDT
[#28]
I emailed Sportsman Guide Friday and asked for the mfg. model number for their Tactical 10-40 X50 and it is indeed the Barska AC10550 Tactical Swat.   It is .50 rated and has lifetime warranty.   One of the members here has used it and is getting good results.   That being said , it could shake loose the first shot or could hold up to moderate shooting, which is pretty much seems to be the critique with the Super Sniper, most hold up some don't.
Like they always say , buyer beware.
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 5:38:55 AM EDT
[#29]
I just never have understood the junk scope craze.  Pay now for a good scope or pay later for zeroing it again, and possibly losing every dime when the junk scope maker tells you to jump in the lake.

Any of ya'll ever read Boston's Gun Bible?

-David
Edgewood, NM
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 6:50:29 AM EDT
[#30]
height=8
Quoted:
I just never have understood the junk scope craze.  Pay now for a good scope or pay later for zeroing it again, and possibly losing every dime when the junk scope maker tells you to jump in the lake.

-David
Edgewood, NM

Kinda off topic but did you order a Bohica upper?  Just wondering if someone else here in NM (Im in Albuquerque) would have one.  We should empty some brass some time....
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 7:32:02 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

-David
Edgewood, NM

well said.....at the price of ammo every shot counts!!!!

Slug-O
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 9:54:57 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-David
Edgewood, NM

well said.....at the price of ammo every shot counts!!!!

Slug-O

I'd rather spend a few bucks re-zeroing a replacement "junk" scope than spending $1500 I don't have.  Them premium scopes break too, from what I hear...just not as often.  I've had a junk scope with a good warranty before...when I found it to be totally unsuitable for 50 use I sold the new one I got in return.  Nothing lost but a little time and a little ammo.

If I had that kinda cash I'd have a Viper or Model 99
I used to put into optics about half what I have in the rifle...can't even afford that anymore.
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 10:56:58 AM EDT
[#33]

Kinda off topic but did you order a Bohica upper?  Just wondering if someone else here in NM (Im in Albuquerque) would have one.  We should empty some brass some time....

No Bohica here.  I've got a State Arms right now and an ALS light match upper on the way next month.

Wouldn't mind trying out a BOHICA pretty soon and potentially putting an order in for a 24" 50BMG entry gun / ATV gun.

-David
Edgewood, NM
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 12:54:01 PM EDT
[#34]
I gota ask....................why is going to be the first suppressed Bohica on the block???.Everything I own is supressed and AAC sell them for only 3K

SLug-O
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 1:03:18 PM EDT
[#35]
See now your just showing off! Id like video please!!
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 7:43:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Hey Orkan, thanks for getting the new BOHICA forum up and running.  While I am at it thanks for the videos and everything else including standing up for that first video, standing up against the immoral "PC" folks, and for standing up for the 2nd Amendment.  I loved the raw reactions that were captured in the first vid.  I still for the life of me cannot understand those that whined about the language even though they had MORE THAN AMPLE WARNING of such content, but they still watch it and then whine.  They need to go watch more fake, scripted, edited, censored, "reality TV" I suppose.    
Good work!
Link Posted: 4/6/2008 3:20:17 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I gota ask....................why is going to be the first suppressed Bohica on the block???.Everything I own is supressed and AAC sell them for only 3K

SLug-O

Link Posted: 4/6/2008 10:19:44 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Hey Orkan, thanks for getting the new BOHICA forum up and running.  While I am at it thanks for the videos and everything else including standing up for that first video, standing up against the immoral "PC" folks, and for standing up for the 2nd Amendment.  I loved the raw reactions that were captured in the first vid.  I still for the life of me cannot understand those that whined about the language even though they had MORE THAN AMPLE WARNING of such content, but they still watch it and then whine.  They need to go watch more fake, scripted, edited, censored, "reality TV" I suppose.    
Good work!

No Problem. :)  

In my opinion... the reason this country is going in the toilet is because everyone is so "politically correct."  If people would call it like it is and be ROUGH about it sometimes, we wouldn't be over-run by liberals.

This country was founded with BALLS!  Not whiners.  

I take pride in being a loudmouthed asshole when it comes to freedom.  Right, wrong, or indifferent... that is how I live.  DON'T TREAD ON ME.  Everybody is gonna have to make a stand sometime for something.  I stand now.  I might not be able to later.  Hell, I just got banned off another forum the other day because I wouldn't let some asshole call me a liar.  Making that stand got me banned.  I consider it WELL WORTH IT!  I'd do it again.  10 times.  I'd rather be in a box than be a liar.  

I am glad my business could help bohica out. :)  I enjoy my work, and I love hearing feedback from you guys.  I told Chris I'd build him a kickass site... and I always keep my word.  ... but I couldn't do it without feedback from you guys!  The site is for you, so your suggestions are what make it great.  I'm just a dumb farm boy with a computer. hehe

Link Posted: 4/6/2008 11:25:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Chris, Greg, and the guy that used my cell phone for pic of the rifle,

It was great to meet you guys at the Tulsa show.  Your guns look awesome, and once I get some other stuff taken care of I'll be putting my order in.

Jason
Link Posted: 4/6/2008 2:06:49 PM EDT
[#40]
I got to shoot mine yesterday. It's a hoot! Recoil was less than my 458 win mag, not that I enjoy shooting that. About on par with my lightweight 300mag that also has a brake. Only put 20 rds through it. Had no problems with cheap BSA red dot that I threw on top of it to sacrifice.

Link Posted: 4/6/2008 6:36:08 PM EDT
[#41]
I got to meet Chris at the Tulsa show this morning, Super nice guy. The MK-II's are AWESOME!!!!!! I can't wait to get mine, Guy's, They are worth the wait.
Link Posted: 4/6/2008 10:49:34 PM EDT
[#42]
THE GUY WHO MADE BUYING A 50 AFFORDABLE!

Link Posted: 4/6/2008 10:52:57 PM EDT
[#43]
My 30" FAR-50 MkII with green furniture and Model 1 Sales overmolded grip.  The reciever is the Thompson Machine ARSSL single shot lower.

Link Posted: 4/7/2008 6:35:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Cool pics rbthntr64!  

You should post them up over on the bohica forums too!  I believe that is the first pic of Chris on the web.  hehehe
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 8:12:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Will the new base  price of $1245.00 be applied to all previos orders .I ordered on 11/17/2007 and I am waiting for a MKII, Or is there a cut off date to get the original order price of 995.00. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 8:32:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Gotto, gotta, gotta get me one!
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 9:45:17 AM EDT
[#47]
A fellow ARFCOM member droped by to check out Chris' wares

Link Posted: 4/7/2008 11:50:47 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
In case anyone else is using one or plans to use one an Accuracy Speaks trigger kit works perfectly without modification.  The trigger pull is 4.5lbs with a heavy spring.

Thanks Rick,

I'll check them out too!

Chris Rosequist
BOHICA Arms Corp
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 11:58:02 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Will the new base  price of $1245.00 be applied to all previos orders .I ordered on 11/17/2007 and I am waiting for a MKII, Or is there a cut off date to get the original order price of 995.00. Thanks

Birdfeed,

All orders placed previously will be honored at the price they were placed at.

To everyone else, I appologize that I couldn't put off the increase any longer. Due to the rising cost of material, fuel and energy prices, It's inevitable.

On the brighter side, I'm still the cheapest guy on the block!!!!!

Chris Rosequist
BOHICA  Arms Corp
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 12:01:47 PM EDT
[#50]
To Everybody that came by the booth at Tulsa.... THANKS!!!!

It's always great to meet my customers and talk some shop. There should be some new pics comming from a couple of guys that aren't arfcom'rs One guy has a night vision and USO scope on his, nothing like 6-7K in optics on a 1K rifle......

The target pics were impressive as well, 8.3" group at 1K with Barrett M-33 ball OTS

See ya on the website forum!!!

Chris Rosequist
BOHICA Arms Corp
Page / 46
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top