height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
I'm workin' on it!!!!

(Carry handle that is!)

Chris Rosequist
BOHICA Arms Corp

Please don't start a new accessories project now. Get those recoil pads finished first!

NO, no! the 30" uppers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2008 8:38:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw a MKII 24" upper today at a gunshow here in Maine. It's a BIG bastard! They were asking $1300 for it. Looks like a solid, well-made unit. I can't wait to get mine.
Link Posted: 3/29/2008 9:14:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Man, this thread died now that the Bohica forums are up....

Kinda what I expected would happen.

I'm sure the moderators are quite happy to be free of the "bohica headache."
Link Posted: 3/29/2008 9:23:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Got my order confirmation from Chris yesterday.   The clock has started clicking.

Can't wait.

Good to hear.
I ordered a week prior to you and still have not heard a thing.
Ready to go a different direction frankly.
Not getting a simple courtesy reply to acknowledge an order in a reasonable time frame and or working your emails from the bottom up, doesn't give a lot of confidence to the rest of the operation.
Link Posted: 3/29/2008 10:19:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Got my order confirmation from Chris yesterday.   The clock has started clicking.

Can't wait.

Good to hear.
Not getting a simple courtesy reply to acknowledge an order in a reasonable time frame and or working your emails from the bottom up, doesn't give a lot of confidence to the rest of the operation.

If you can't handle a week or two wait then you are looking at the wrong product.  Patience is a virtue, especially when getting in on the ground floor of a product just into the development phase, that is discounted accordingly.  I assure you there are many vendors who will charge you twice the price for the same sort of product, or maybe one not as nice.  They'll happily send a confirmation to you right away too!  In case you haven't read the other 70+ pages of this thread, Chris is a one man show.  He's busy as hell building rifles and working on other projects at the same time.  Most of us have waited a lot longer than two weeks, I waited about 8 months to get my upper.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2008 5:38:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't wait.

Good to hear.

If you can't handle a week or two wait then you are looking at the wrong product.  Patience is a virtue, especially when getting in on the ground floor of a product just into the development phase, that is discounted accordingly.  I assure you there are many vendors who will charge you twice the price for the same sort of product, or maybe one not as nice.  They'll happily send a confirmation to you right away too!  In case you haven't read the other 70+ pages of this thread, Chris is a one man show.  He's busy as hell building rifles and working on other projects at the same time.  Most of us have waited a lot longer than two weeks, I waited about 8 months to get my upper.  

Well said and don't disagree with most anything you wrote.
All the more reasons I'll stand by what I said as well. I have waited longer than 8 months for other product in the past, and been on the ground floor for others.
I cant think of another product gun related or not that I have not had my order acknowledged in a fair time frame, unless of course the order was misplaced and or similar problem. To suggest that Chris should get a pass because he is "busy", and the rest of us are not I guess,- nah- not buying that one.
Link Posted: 3/30/2008 8:44:14 AM EDT
[#7]

All the more reasons I'll stand by what I said as well. I have waited longer than 8 months for other product in the past, and been on the ground floor for others.
I cant think of another product gun related or not that I have not had my order acknowledged in a fair time frame, unless of course the order was misplaced and or similar problem. To suggest that Chris should get a pass because he is "busy", and the rest of us are not I guess,- nah- not buying that one.Well I guess the best thing for you to do is send Chris a e-mail and cancel your order so he dosent waste any more of your valuble time, I am shure you can find another MFG. that will send you a quick reply,charge you a lot more,won't stand behind there product,  long waiting time for delivery and  charge your credit card as soon as your order is placed...
Link Posted: 3/30/2008 9:08:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I cant think of another product gun related or not that I have not had my order acknowledged in a fair time frame, unless of course the order was misplaced and or similar problem. To suggest that Chris should get a pass because he is "busy", and the rest of us are not I guess,- nah- not buying that one.

If you don't believe he is busy, look at the pics on page 38.  I have been working with Chis for over three years now and waited near as long for my MkII because I wanted the latest revisions.  I must say that the wait was worth it.  I don't think anyone here will wait that long, but must understand that there are others that were waiting also for the MkII's that are not from ARFCOM.  AS he has said several times, he has backorders of over 600 units.  He is a one man operation and hand assembles each upper.  Like others have told you, you can go get another upper and pay alot more and get alot less other than a speedy shipment of a equal product.
Link Posted: 3/30/2008 9:10:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Chairborne,
Can you have a 50 in GBR?
Link Posted: 3/30/2008 1:52:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Chris Rosequist --

Please see your email inbox...I just sent you a message about about 4:50 pm CDT.  I believe I buggered up my bolt head and/or firing pin and need your advice, counsel, spare parts department.

Thanks

Kris Rich
Link Posted: 3/30/2008 3:54:38 PM EDT
[#11]
FWIW, here's the results of my first outing.  No video yet.

The lower left are the 3 sighter rounds as I walked the scope up (1st is lower left, 2nd is up and over 1", 3rd is up 4" and over 3")  The center hits are 3 rounds after finding the target center ...looks like about 0.5-0.6"...granted only at 100 yards but pretty damn good for mil-spec Igman M33 ball ammo.

Recoil was less than my pump 12 ga with heavy slugs.  More of a solid push than a whack.

http://i27.tinypic.com/15chkqr.jpg
Link Posted: 3/30/2008 4:18:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Fired mine today...only seven shots. That Tasco Custom Shop scope is no good.  It worked well...but didn't have quite enough eye relief.  I got my shooting glasses kissed several times, and got clocked good a couple times.  I tried a few ways to brace myself and my head better but nothing worked.  It'll be Super Sniper for me!  

My father-in-law decided to try one shot...I told him the scope had been hitting me but he didn't listen.  He got off easy...his nose got cut a little by his shooting glasses.  I have a big knot right betwixt me eyes.
Link Posted: 3/30/2008 7:53:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey smart .50 BMG people.

Six months ago a friend of mine brought his Barrett M82 out to my place and we had a great time shooting it, I wanted to buy one but didn't have the cash.

Last night I discovered the Bohica Arms website, hehe, tomorrow I'm ordering a Bohica Arms FAR-50 MK-II!  

I have 3 questions for you guys; I searched these forums but didn't see these questions answered.

1. I noticed that the 24"bbl was standard, is that a good size?  I won't be doing any 1000 yard competitions in the near future, just shooting on 25yd, 100yd, and 200yd ranges.  Am I correct in assuming that I'd really be giving up quite a bit if I got it with the 16.5"bbl?

2.  Would an Aimpoint Comp M or an Eotech 553 work on the Bohica Arms FAR-50 MK-II or would the recoil destroy them?

3. Have you guys ever tried the Rogue 50 Billet Lower Receiver from SMOSARMS?  I really like the way it looks and plan on ordering one of those tomorrow too.  

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/30/2008 7:55:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Fired mine today...only seven shots. That Tasco Custom Shop scope is no good.  It worked well...but didn't have quite enough eye relief.  I got my shooting glasses kissed several times, and got clocked good a couple times.  I tried a few ways to brace myself and my head better but nothing worked.  It'll be Super Sniper for me!  

My father-in-law decided to try one shot...I told him the scope had been hitting me but he didn't listen.  He got off easy...his nose got cut a little by his shooting glasses.  I have a big knot right betwixt me eyes.

I thought you guys learned of my video, I guess not

I was going to get the custom Tasco too, but Im not liking the eye relief as well.
If your going super sniper You might as well look here, I might order from here later on this week. www.swfa.com/showcategory.aspx?categoryid=231
Link Posted: 3/30/2008 7:57:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Hey smart .50 BMG people.

Six months ago a friend of mine brought his Barrett M82 out to my place and we had a great time shooting it, I wanted to buy one but didn't have the cash.

Last night I discovered the Bohica Arms website, hehe, tomorrow I'm ordering a Bohica Arms FAR-50 MK-II!  

I have 3 questions for you guys; I searched these forums but didn't see these questions answered.

1. I noticed that the 24"bbl was standard, is that a good size?  I won't be doing any 1000 yard competitions in the near future, just shooting on 25yd, 100yd, and 200yd ranges.  Am I correct in assuming that I'd really be giving up quite a bit if I got it with the 16.5"bbl?

2.  Would an Aimpoint Comp M or an Eotech 553 work on the Bohica Arms FAR-50 MK-II or would the recoil destroy them?

3. Have you guys ever tried the Rogue 50 Billet Lower Receiver from SMOSARMS?  I really like the way it looks and plan on ordering one of those tomorrow too.  

smosarms.com/zencart/images/medium/R-50.jpg

Thanks.

RPGJoe has a Rogue on his, go back a few pages he has some pics.
I was thinking about the Eotech, but I think I'll keep it on my M4. For less money you can get a SuperSniper, see my previous post.
Link Posted: 3/30/2008 8:00:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the heads up on the pics SplatSTi, I'll go search for them.

I already have the Aimpoint and the Eotech so it wouldn't cost me anything, I figured that they might be fun on the 25yd and 100yd ranges.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2008 8:07:06 PM EDT
[#17]
The FAR-50 needs a primer blowout hole located right in the middle of where the magazine well would be.  This is just in case you have a primer rupture, the blowout needs a place to go.  I don't think the single shot lower you are taling about has that feature.  Chris is working on single shot lowers for the FAR-50, no idea when they will be ready though.  I am waiting on one of his lowers and will just use a spare AR lower for the time being.  HTH

ETA: Check out the forum on the Bohica site if you haven't yet.  I think this thread will start to die down pretty quick now that he has his oun forum.
Link Posted: 3/30/2008 8:07:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Orkan,
Montana has 2 n's, one after the o, and one between the a's.  The folks up north of me aways might appreciate the correct spelling.
Link Posted: 3/30/2008 8:14:54 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The FAR-50 needs a primer blowout hole located right in the middle of where the magazine well would be.  This is just in case you have a primer rupture, the blowout needs a place to go.  I don't think the single shot lower you are taling about has that feature.  Chris is working on single shot lowers for the FAR-50, no idea when they will be ready though.  I am waiting on one of his lowers and will just use a spare AR lower for the time being.  HTH

ETA: Check out the forum on the Bohica site if you haven't yet.  I think this thread will start to die down pretty quick now that he has his oun forum.

When you order it, you just tell them its for a Bohica, they know what to do then.
Link Posted: 3/30/2008 8:17:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When you order it, you just tell them its for a Bohica, they know what to do then.

Ok, cool, thanks.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 1:44:07 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I think this thread will start to die down pretty quick now that he has his own forum.

i think its more because the 1st couple batches of the mkII's have been delivered
people aren't chomping at the bit and there questions have been answered now that they have them in there hands
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 2:07:52 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Chairborne,
Can you have a 50 in GBR?

Actually yes.  Any single shot (not semi auto) 50 is no problem here.  Both of mine are in the states with all my other guns right now though.  I'm not sure I'll be here long enough to make it worth the cost and trouble to get a .50 over here.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 2:12:12 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was going to get the custom Tasco too, but Im not liking the eye relief as well.
If your going super sniper You might as well look here, I might order from here later on this week. www.swfa.com/showcategory.aspx?categoryid=231

My super sniper on my other 50 has been great.  One word of warning about them though, I got a fixed 20X in case I wanted to do any really long range stuff with it.  The eye relief is long enough (if you are careful to stay well back from it) but because of the high magnification it's really narrow.  I will get either the 10 or 16X for this one.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 6:51:32 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My super sniper on my other 50 has been great.  One word of warning about them though, I got a fixed 20X in case I wanted to do any really long range stuff with it.  The eye relief is long enough (if you are careful to stay well back from it) but because of the high magnification it's really narrow.  I will get either the 10 or 16X for this one.  

That video was on my mind the entire time.  What can I say, I guess I'm a slow learner

I was thinking 10x, as most of my shooting is within a few hundred yards.  If I go back much farther I'll just be using bigger targets.

I didn't have the lead magazine ready in time, but despite, the recoil wasn't bad at the shoulder (even with the thin PRS buttpad), but it was bad at the face
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 12:29:16 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That video was on my mind the entire time.  What can I say, I guess I'm a slow learner

I was thinking 10x, as most of my shooting is within a few hundred yards.  If I go back much farther I'll just be using bigger targets.

I didn't have the lead magazine ready in time, but despite, the recoil wasn't bad at the shoulder (even with the thin PRS buttpad), but it was bad at the face

Well it could have been worse, and Im glad everybody is OK. the bumps will heal and the cuts will leave a nice little scar.
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 5:12:16 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well it could have been worse, and Im glad everybody is OK. the bumps will heal and the cuts will leave a nice little scar.

Somewhere between being 15lbs lighter and having a less effective muzzle brake than my last 50, eye relief is a critical issue...

It actually didn't hurt much at all.  Thank goodness it had a rubber cup around the eyepiece!

My father-in-law before getting a nice surprise:

Him: "Why didn't you tell me it hit you?!"
Me:  "I said it was hitting me every time!"

We have both been BOHICA'd

...and Page 76 is belongs to me!
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 6:06:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Ouch !
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 8:23:55 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't know about the less effective muzzle brake part...

But yeah, you dont want to cuddle with .50's when you shoot.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 6:27:22 AM EDT
[#29]
I speak from experience that the MkII muzzle brake is a very effective brake.  I designed one using the Sako TRG brake design, and it was effectve.  When I tried my brake on the MkII I decided to go with Chris' brake on my homebuilt rifle also.

I talked to Rich at Thompson machine this morning and he is shipping out the prototype billet lower this morning so that I can have it to display at Tulsa.  I will post some pics here also.  He says the price will come in around the same as the DPMS single shot lower except that it will be made from a billet instead of a reworked forging.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 6:32:22 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Well, I can tell you with 100% certainty that with my other .50 2.5"-3" of eye relief was plenty.  It had a HUGE tank style muzzle brake.  My .308 jarred me harder.  Not the case here.  I'm not saying the much touted BOHICA is inferior in any way (well, come to think of it fit and finish is way behind), but if you weigh less than 200lbs a scope with 4+ inches of eye relief is almost mandatory...definitely a different animal.  It wasn't being cuddled in anyway, and I don't appreciate that inferred condescension on your part.  Are you familiar with the other weapon I owned?  If not, please do not make assumptions.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 7:00:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Rick, I can see your point as I am under 200lbs.  My other rifle tips the scales at 48 lbs.
The Bohica weighs in at around 20+lbs.  About 1/2 of my first .50.  Less weight = more recoil.  I would venture to say that your other 50 was a bit heavier also.  I have found that you have to be more concience of that with a light .50, or you are going to get a kiss period.  I am very careful with both rifles and hope I never get scope strike from a .50.  It has only happened to me once in my lifetime with a Winchester 94 when I was about 13.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 7:40:58 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, I can tell you with 100% certainty that with my other .50 2.5"-3" of eye relief was plenty.  It had a HUGE tank style muzzle brake.  My .308 jarred me harder.  Not the case here.  I'm not saying the much touted BOHICA is inferior in any way (well, come to think of it fit and finish is way behind), but if you weigh less than 200lbs a scope with 4+ inches of eye relief is almost mandatory...definitely a different animal.  It wasn't being cuddled in anyway, and I don't appreciate that inferred condescension on your part.  Are you familiar with the other weapon I owned?  If not, please do not make assumptions.

Doesn't really matter.  ... and I don't really care what you think I was "inferring."  A guy like me doesn't have to "infer" anything.  I come out and say exactly what I want to say.  I was simply making a statement of fact.  If you took it as an insult, then that is your problem.  ... and for the record that lump on your face makes a nice addition to the rest of the metal in your head.  At first glance I thought you were one of those guys that puts metal under their skin.

Shave 20lbs off a .50 BMG and you think its not going to matter?  Put that Mk-II brake on a 40lb rifle and you probably wouldnt be able to tell the difference between other brakes.

Then again, I DON'T weigh less than 200lbs... and I have shot plenty of other guns that kick a shit load more than my 24" bohica.

Ever shoot a .460 Weatherby Mag?

Man up.

(for the record... this post is meant to have an insulting overtone.  The other one was not.  Maybe you should give people the benefit of the doubt before you and the holes in your ears go off half cocked?)
Stop with the personal attacks in the technical forums. We are all gentlemen and need to act like it.

50cal
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 7:42:23 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Rick, I can see your point as I am under 200lbs.  My other rifle tips the scales at 48 lbs.
The Bohica weighs in at around 20+lbs.  About 1/2 of my first .50.  Less weight = more recoil.  I would venture to say that your other 50 was a bit heavier also.  I have found that you have to be more concience of that with a light .50, or you are going to get a kiss period.  I am very careful with both rifles and hope I never get scope strike from a .50.  It has only happened to me once in my lifetime with a Winchester 94 when I was about 13.

Yes sir, all of that is true.  I do admit that I got my ass kicked by my FAR50  A little more eye relief and I should be fine, and I'm pretty bummed about having to sell that scope 'cause I really liked it, but it doesn't have a home anymore  I don't believe anything aside from adding 10lbs to the rifle would've prevented that with that scope.  It's not like I can get farther away from it 'cause then I can't see shit
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 7:47:43 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Doesn't really matter.  ... and I don't really care what you think I was "inferring."  A guy like me doesn't have to "infer" anything.  I come out and say exactly what I want to say.  I was simply making a statement of fact.  If you took it as an insult, then that is your problem.  ... and for the record that lump on your face makes a nice addition to the rest of the metal in your head.  At first glance I thought you were one of those guys that puts metal under their skin.

Shave 20lbs off a .50 BMG and you think its not going to matter?  Put that Mk-II brake on a 40lb rifle and you probably wouldnt be able to tell the difference between other brakes.

Then again, I DON'T weigh less than 200lbs... and I have shot plenty of other guns that kick a shit load more than my 24" bohica.

Ever shoot a .460 Weatherby Mag?

Man up.

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it.  
I don't see how where I may have metal makes any difference.
Your facts are hidden between a lot of needless comments.
Whatever your bodily mass can handle is of no consequence to me.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 8:01:17 AM EDT
[#35]
My younger brother weighs about 150lbs and is MUCH smaller than I.  ... and he has shot my bohica MANY times in many different positions.

Not ONCE has he been hit by the scope.  Matter of fact, NOBODY out of the 20 or so people I've let shoot my bohica have been hit by the scope.  People ranging from my father @ 280lbs of muscle to one of my friends girlfriends @ 110lbs of tiny chic.  My super sniper has about 3.7" of eye relief, and it was not a problem for any of them.

Judging by your picture, it doesn't look like you have your rifle setup correctly to me.  The occular bell looks to be too far back to let you "snug" into the rifle very well.  So then when the recoil hits, you don't get shoved back... your shoulder gets shoved back and your head stays where it is.  FACE... meet SCOPE!

Slide your optic forward and I bet you won't have this problem.  

Secondly... having about 4" of eye relief on a .50 BMG should be a forgone conclusion.  It sure was for me when I was choosing an optic.  

At ease.

50cal

Link Posted: 4/1/2008 8:14:13 AM EDT
[#36]
I use Barska Tactical SWAT scopes on both my 50's.  The one on my Gunmetal Designs rifle is a 10-40x50, has 3.5" relief and over 200 rounds by it and still holds zero. (Very economical and available through Sportsmansguide. I love the 4 pay plan!)  No scope strike incidences with over 20 different shooters.  The key here I beleve is good cheek weld.  If you dont have it your going to get hit.  I dont care if it is a 30-06.    ooooosaaaaa!  Take a deep breath guys.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 8:25:42 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I'm pretty bummed about having to sell that scope 'cause I really liked it, but it doesn't have a home anymore  I don't believe anything aside from adding 10lbs to the rifle would've prevented that with that scope.  It's not like I can get farther away from it 'cause then I can't see shit

You may be able to adjust your occular to bring it into focus with more relief.
What scope was it that you have?  Also before you get rid of your scope, try a better cheek weld.  It is probably going to be difficult as the human mind will unconciously think about getting hit again.  What stock are you using?  If it is an A2, There are several stock risers available to help you get a better cheek weld.  THis one is $19.95
from CMMG.  Being that it is nylon, I would use a rubber pad under it, or spray it with some kind of tacking glue to keep it from slipping;
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 8:35:17 AM EDT
[#38]
I had one of those barska swat 10-40x scopes.  Only thing I didnt like about it was the image seemed so small.  I mean field of view was normal and what not, but the image doesn't fill the occular bell like normal scopes.  That, and the turrets wouldn't allow me to "zero" them properly.  Seemed like I was always 1 or 2 hash marks off.  I couldn't get used to it so I sold it.  

Can't believe they hold up to .50 BMG abuse... but if it works for you then more power to ya!
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 8:55:40 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
My younger brother weighs about 150lbs and is MUCH smaller than I.  ... and he has shot my bohica MANY times in many different positions.

Not ONCE has he been hit by the scope.  Matter of fact, NOBODY out of the 20 or so people I've let shoot my bohica have been hit by the scope.  People ranging from my father @ 280lbs of muscle to one of my friends girlfriends @ 110lbs of tiny chic.  My super sniper has about 3.7" of eye relief, and it was not a problem for any of them.

Judging by your picture, it doesn't look like you have your rifle setup correctly to me.  The occular bell looks to be too far back to let you "snug" into the rifle very well.  So then when the recoil hits, you don't get shoved back... your shoulder gets shoved back and your head stays where it is.  FACE... meet SCOPE!

Slide your optic forward and I bet you won't have this problem.  

Secondly... having about 4" of eye relief on a .50 BMG should be a forgone conclusion.  It sure was for me when I was choosing an optic.  

The metal in your face only matters because I am a judgemental son of a bitch, and I don't like people that have that shit in their face.  

That's a lot of useless anecdotal info.  The rest I've obviously figured out for myself.  Thanks.

BTW, if you haven't fired one of these you haven't shot squat

You may be able to adjust your occular to bring it into focus with more relief.
What scope was it that you have? Also before you get rid of your scope, try a better cheek weld. It is probably going to be difficult as the human mind will unconciously think about getting hit again. What stock are you using? If it is an A2, There are several stock risers available to help you get a better cheek weld.

The cheekweld felt good for me as it was.  The stock is a Magpul PRS.  I like having my rifles setup for a slightly heads up position so the scope and cheekpiece are purposely set a little high.  The scope is an old Tasco Custom Shop 8-40x56mm.  I had my shooting glasses "kissed" several times trying to find a way to prevent it before I really got smacked.  The eye relief was minimal on 8x, I wasn't even going to try a higher magnification.  I'm going to try a more suitable scope to begin with and go from there.  Thanks for the suggestions.  I've used this exact setup before, but it's not workin' out here.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 9:57:52 AM EDT
[#40]
If you Tasco is made in Japan one, Let me know what you want for it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 11:16:48 AM EDT
[#41]
I havn't fired one of those

But I have fired a SRAW and a laundry list of other military toys too long to mention.  I was active duty for 6 years.

Guns don't scare me.  Idiots with guns scare me.

(btw dont get all sensitive and take that the wrong way like a high school girl... if I wanted to call you an idiot, I would just come out and say it.)

ETA - I just don't want people getting the idea that these Mk-II's kick like a mule and will cause you to get hit in the face... because they don't.  If you have a rifle that is setup correctly with a good optic you have nothing to worry about as long as you hold it right.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 12:00:00 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I havn't fired one of those

But I have fired a SRAW and a laundry list of other military toys too long to mention.  I was active duty for 6 years.

Guns don't scare me.  Idiots with guns scare me.

(btw dont get all sensitive and take that the wrong way like a high school girl... if I wanted to call you an idiot, I would just come out and say it.)

Really?
I've been nothing but frank and to the point.
I was beginning to think this was a teenage chat board

Those Barska's look good.  I wish their 1st focal planes were "fifty rated."

My Tasco will probably be on GB in the near future.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 1:39:38 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm glad we can all get along
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 4:07:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Yeah... I can be a bastard at times. :)

Bohica Wallpaper

Does that help make up for it?
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 4:09:15 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I just don't want people getting the idea that these Mk-II's kick like a mule and will cause you to get hit in the face... because they don't.  If you have a rifle that is setup correctly with a good optic you have nothing to worry about as long as you hold it right.

Exactly why people should also know what to avoid as well.  The website states that it's "like shooting a 3 ½" 12 gage or a 30-06 Springfield."  There's no hard hit but the push is much more substancial than either.  A 30-06 is nothing compared to this...and I've fired a converted K98 with a modified military stock retaining the metal buttplate with a light sporter barrel.  It is a little misleading.

If it saves one person from getting a 28lb scope stroke to the face, it's worth sharing IMO.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 5:03:21 PM EDT
[#46]
As I mentioned... should be a forgone conclusion that a .50 BMG is going to kick.  

One that weighs less... will kick more.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 5:32:48 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Yeah... I can be a [silly] bastard at times. :)

Bohica Wallpaper

Fixed
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 5:50:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Who's got the picture of the two stage hammer modification?  I can't find it.
ETA: Never mind, I figured it out.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Gotta love the FAR-50 MkII. :)
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 7:49:48 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah... I can be a [silly] bastard at times. :)

Bohica Wallpaper

Fixed

Aww...you two are starting to make me feel all warm and fuzzy.
Page / 46
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top