Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2017 2:42:30 AM EDT
How do you remove a scar extractor?
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 2:50:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Do not have one yet a quick search on YouTube might give you the answer you are looking for. Just trying to help.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 12:10:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Use a 1/16th in punch and gently tap out the pin. Easier if you have the armorers blocks.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 1:15:17 AM EDT
[#3]
OK I wasn't sure because it looked like it had a tiny "c" clip on it and I wasn't trying to break anything.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 3:05:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How do you remove a scar extractor?
View Quote

Similar to an AR15 extractor.
Push down on the rear most part of the extractor (see red arrow in my pic) with your thumb and push the pin out.  It shouldn't take much force to push the pin out if you are doing it right.
It goes back in the same way. Again, it shouldn't take much force pushing the pin in or out.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 5:59:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes.... it does have a small "C" clip..............

The manual says  ............"Extractor pin is a directional pin and can only be disassembled from left to right.........."

and the clip is a "one-time use" only..................

So according to them....... it isn't just like an AR.................  Just saying.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 11:51:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The manual says  ............"Extractor pin is a directional pin and can only be disassembled from left to right.........."

So according to them....... it isn't just like an AR.................  Just saying.
View Quote
Nice catch, I did leave the c clip out of my post.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 6:33:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
I wonder how I missed that in the "destructions" lol.

Well it should be interesting to see what's under there. I have about 8 to 9,000 rounds through it and have never taken it apart.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Removal is easy, pry off the retaining clip and push the pin out.

Installation, OTOH, is a screaming bitch.

1) Wear eye pro, cuz the replacement clip will pop off while you trying to install it, probably several times.
2) Buy more than one replacement retains clip, because of 1.
3) Don't plan on doing anything else for a couple hours, cuz of 1 and 2.

After removing the extractor once for cleaning, I now just dump it in the ultrasonic tank.

AJ
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 11:26:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Wby exactly are you removing the extractor??  It does not need to be cleaned underneath
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top