Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2017 7:20:56 PM EDT
I've done 4 eform 1's and I'm waiting for the silencer shop form 1 system to go live in the next few days.

Want to make sure my data looks correct so I can file immediately from wherever I may be.

This is what I've got and would put in the appropriate boxes on the form 1 - if you have an approved form 1 and something is different can you let me know!

Still debating on 10.5/11/11.5/12" barrel lengths. As of now I'm at 11" due to it being a middle of the road between the spread. I shoot suppressed 50% of the time and my favorite SBR's are both 12" and 12.5" respectively.

What I assume is correct data:

Fn herstal belgium
Scar 16s
5.56x45
LC16XXX
11" barrel
28" oal
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 8:00:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I used data from the FN site when I SBR'd mine:

https://fnamerica.com/products/rifles/fn-scar-16-cqc/

It looks like the overall length should be 31" for the 10" barrel. So, in your case, increment the OAL by every inch (or fraction thereof) you intend to go over 10".

I know some people go to the trouble of removing the muzzle device for these things, but in my experience using the manufacturer data has been sufficient.

I went with a factory 10" barrel, btw.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 8:26:26 PM EDT
[#2]
My F1 was for a 10" barrel and 28.5" OAL.  I'm sure I got that from the same source I get all my OAL's, Wikipedia
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 9:50:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Went with factory 10 inch. Runs perfectly supressor or not. Took numbers right off of FN website.

https://fnamerica.com/products/rifles/fn-scar-16-cqc/
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 9:09:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I put 10.0 barrel and overall 31.25 on mine and was approved.

It's FN America, LLC / FNH USA (VA & SC) United States

not FNH Belgium!  If you had a PS90 you would choose FN (Herstal), Belgium because that is where it is manufactured.  Scar is manufactured here in the states.

Caliber was just 5.56

I did mine via Efile form 1 BTW.

Id recommend that you send your barrel to Parker Mountain Machine to have it cut down when you get your approved form 1 back.    It's the most cost effective and quality option as oem barrels are crazy expensive.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 9:23:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I put 10.0 barrel and overall 31.25 on mine and was approved.

not FNH Belgium!  If you had a PS90 you would choose Belgium

Caliber was just 5.56

I did mine via Efile form 1 BTW.
View Quote
good stuff

I was under the impression the SCAR's are made in Belgium for the civilian market
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 9:32:53 AM EDT
[#6]
They are made in Belgium, but final assembly in USA I believe.  They are marked both ways so it's possible you could use either, however based on my research prior to submitting, it was suggested to use FN USA.  Maybe someone can chime in if they were approved with Belgium on their form 1?
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 10:45:04 AM EDT
[#7]
On my SCAR's I used the US info: FN HERSTAL, FNH USA, Fredericksberg, VA.   But for some other imported guns like Arsenal AK's I have the Bulgarian info on F1's.

I think I could have skiped the FN HERSTAL and just put FNH USA, Fredericksberg, VA but I guess including the FN HERSTAL didn't hurt or keep my F1 from being approved.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 11:42:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Under the question asking is the firearm to be REACTIVATED? How do I answer this question?
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 2:33:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Under the question asking is the firearm to be REACTIVATED? How do I answer this question?
View Quote
Looking at 4 approved form 1's I have no selected.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#10]
When I SBRed my 17S in 2015 I used FN Herstal Belgium.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 8:25:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's what capitol armory used on my form 1.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 4:48:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was told by the agent not to use Belgium, but the USA FN, as well as serial, barrel length (10" factory), 31" O/A went through no problem, I can even take a picture of the approved form.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 12:02:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Shit, well I used FN herstal belgium so hopefully I won't have an issue. I can't wait for my form 1 but I'm sure it will be like 10 months.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 1:10:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

not FNH Belgium!  If you had a PS90 you would choose FN (Herstal), Belgium because that is where it is manufactured.  Scar is manufactured here in the states.

Caliber was just 5.56
View Quote
They're marked both ways because it's required to list both the importer and manufacturer.

So on your Form 1 it should be:
FN America, LLC / FNH USA
FN Herstal, Belgium

You can use the full address(es) if you want, but be careful because those addresses change. They'll approve it like this.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 1:05:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I used:

SCAR 16S
10 inch barrel
31 Inch OAL
FNH USA
Columbia, SC

Hope it gets accepted.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 10:28:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I used:

SCAR 16S
10 inch barrel
31 Inch OAL
FNH USA
Columbia, SC

Hope it gets accepted.
View Quote
That is exactly what I used, when I made a different error on my Form 1's I asked exactly what they wanted for original manufacturer and was told that was good.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 11:34:41 PM EDT
[#17]
I used:

FNH USA
Fredericksburg, VA.

Thats what was printed on the side of the gun.    This was back in 2014.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 12:22:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Shit, well I used FN herstal belgium so hopefully I won't have an issue. I can't wait for my form 1 but I'm sure it will be like 10 months.
View Quote
Doesn't matter they'll just kick it back to you for corrections. Mail it back, and you'll get the stamp shortly there after. Just make sure you correct and mail back promptly. After 30 days you have to reapply from scratch iirc.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 12:44:48 PM EDT
[#19]
factory sbr barrel runs great; switched them out after stamp  and sold 16in barrel in a few days  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top