Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2017 4:40:56 PM EDT
I've currently had my scar to the range 3 times. First time out i had some cheap ammo and the last 2 sessions i used some match grade ammo. I used sierra match king and ppu 168 grain. Both ammo shoot comparable to me.   I have my scope zero in at 100 yards and according to strelok pro my drops are quit easy to remember.

I have installed the geissele trigger and plan on a few more upgrades when i get the chance.

At 200 yards i was able to accomplish 2 pretty nice groups. 1 group measuring just under 1 inch and the second at 1.48. These were my 2 best groups of the day.

Im pretty happy as of right now with the scars shooting capabilities.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 5:13:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Drops for kahles with 100 yard zero 168 grain.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice shootin!
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 9:36:35 AM EDT
[#4]
is that an app were looking at in the pic?  If so can you share the info please, looks awesome.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 12:05:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Those are great for 200 yards. Nice to see you have an accurate one.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 3:41:29 PM EDT
[#6]
The app im using is strelok pro. There is a small up front fee to purchase it.

What im surpised about is how well the ppu ammo shoots for $13.50 a box. Those groups where shot with this ammo. Ill be buying another 1000 rounds or so.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 11:32:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm sure there's a few factory deficient SCARs that were put out but most tend to shoot very well, under MOA, with decent ammo/optics/shooter. One of mine that I hunted with a couple years ago shot this group right before deer season with some old handloads I had worked up for one of my other hunting rifles. I was pretty happy that it liked the load too.

BTW, that was from the magazine...not individually loaded into the chamber.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top