Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2017 1:08:11 AM EDT
I was at a local fun store and saw a SCAR 16 on the wall and something about it caught my eye as looked slightly different then the one I picked up about 3 years ago.

The plastic lower, at the front of the magwell had a thicker chunk of plastic on it. Like this:

Older ones, and mine for reference look like this:

It's extremely minor, but got me thinking. Why the change? Prone to crack there?
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 1:21:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Good catch. Interested to hear what FN has to say about it...
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 8:45:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Was magwell more flared?
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 9:36:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Interesting. My serial number is only 3000 less and it has the normal style. Must be a recent thing.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 9:58:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was magwell more flared?
View Quote
In my opinion no. It looked the same.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 4:19:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe it had a tendency to crack at the front corners of the magwell.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 8:59:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe it had a tendency to crack at the front corners of the magwell.
View Quote
That was my thought. But I have also never heard or seen a thread with anyone complaining about a cracked lower.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:44:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I just got my 16 in March, it was new and the day the LGS received it from the dist, and it doesn't have the extra.  Mine is black though.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top