Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2017 8:57:58 AM EDT
Looking for 5 round mags for the the 17S. These appear to be the only game in town. Any feedback from users?
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 10:42:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Buy the OEM to round magazine as it fits flush on the rifle. Then get a MagBlock block that converts it to 5 rounds. Easy to install and allows you to go back to 10 really quick if you want to. Here's one of my 17S with the OEM 10 in it.

http://www.magazineblocks.com/magento/products/magblock-kits/scar-17/scar-17-magblock-15-20.html

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 10:44:38 AM EDT
[#2]
VA limits capacity to 5 or you're just getting ahead of the libs in your state? Go along to get along?
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 12:06:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Could be he only wants them for hunting. For me, that's the only reason I bought two of the OEM 10 round mags and the mag blocks. Every state I've lived in has had a magazine capacity limit of 5 rounds when hunting and some mandated that the magazine be physically limited to that.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 4:01:40 PM EDT
[#4]
First concern was interruption from the 20 round mag when running a bipod in the prone. The OEM 10 round mag looks good and I see the -5 blocks that can be purchased. I will hunt with the rifle this fall and there are no limits on ammunition capacity during hunts in Virginia. Still anxiously awaiting my retirement day and move to Idaho
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 4:37:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
First concern was interruption from the 20 round mag when running a bipod in the prone. The OEM 10 round mag looks good and I see the -5 blocks that can be purchased. I will hunt with the rifle this fall and there are no limits on ammunition capacity during hunts in Virginia. Still anxiously awaiting my retirement day and move to Idaho
View Quote
It works well for that too.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top