Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:09:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Read their Scar barrel service description. Includes gas port screws.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 1:03:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Usgi, gen3 20/30 pmags, and lancers work and drop in mine.

I can't help myself. The paint cameout once I was home.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/164007/IMG-2450-228374.JPG

I'm thinking a Steiner 1-4 p4xi would be slick on this. Had no issue with plates out to 300 using the aimpoint though.
View Quote
Wow that rattle can job looks great.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 7:30:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Holy smokes.

The PMM rail elimination panels (side and bottom) transform the feel of this rifle. Also added the MRE.

Wow.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 7:56:27 PM EDT
[#4]
That looks pretty slick. Was wondering what the thinnest way to go was, looks like that's it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 8:00:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That looks pretty slick. Was wondering what the thinnest way to go was, looks like that's it.
View Quote
It's amazing.

Like BCM KMR thin.

Probably will heat up so I'll take gloves for range days. Will also go on an snag a mlok lower rail from PMM for the option to run a VFG if needed.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 9:54:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll be keeping a close eye on how you like those PMM rail elimination panels. I've been trying to shed some weight off mine, but I'm not sure I want to invest another $200-$250 to redo my front end.

Here's mine, minus the Sandman S.

Link Posted: 6/15/2017 10:02:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'll be keeping a close eye on how you like those PMM rail elimination panels. I've been trying to shed some weight off mine, but I'm not sure I want to invest another $200-$250 to redo my front end.

Here's mine, minus the Sandman S.

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o506/John_Nam/Mobile%20Uploads/20170215_142257_zpshe6mz8ij.jpg%7Eoriginal
View Quote
I'll say this. It made my opinion go from liking the rifle to loving the rifle. The side panels are effective in terms of width reduction. The bottom panel is also awesome - need to now run my light off the top rail if I don't use the extension for an mlok mount.

ETA: I dig your setup.

What height mount do you have the micro on? Need to get one for this as it's very very handy without the aimpoint pro on there and the balance is great. A micro shouldn't effect that at all.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 12:10:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'll say this. It made my opinion go from liking the rifle to loving the rifle. The side panels are effective in terms of width reduction. The bottom panel is also awesome - need to now run my light off the top rail if I don't use the extension for an mlok mount.

ETA: I dig your setup.

What height mount do you have the micro on? Need to get one for this as it's very very handy without the aimpoint pro on there and the balance is great. A micro shouldn't effect that at all.
View Quote
The one pictured was a KDG mount, which I believe is lower 1/3. I actually swapped it out with a Scalarworks absolute mount that is lighter and it works well for me. However, a good shooting buddy prefers the taller 1/3 co-witness mounts with the comb height lowered, so ymmv.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 3:20:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Holy smokes.

The PMM rail elimination panels (side and bottom) transform the feel of this rifle. Also added the MRE.

Wow.
View Quote
Oustanding! I'm glad you looked into them.  I love mine.

Link Posted: 6/16/2017 10:32:05 AM EDT
[#10]
460 rounds this morning.

Freaking love it.

Playing mostly on the 100-500y line makes me want to forgo a T1 on it and get some magnification.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Khales K16i
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 12:03:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
460 rounds this morning.

Freaking love it.

Playing mostly on the 100-500y line makes me want to forgo a T1 on it and get some magnification.  
View Quote
I was in the same mindset when I first got mine as well. I tried a few light 1x-4x scopes but I ultimately settled on a T1. For my intended use it makes it handle better and I don't have to worry about such a specific eye box. Magnification would definitely be nice at longer ranges, but I'm able to ring 7" steel at 400 ~70% of the time with the red dot so for me it's "good enough".
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 12:46:46 PM EDT
[#13]
^ I agree, have a WTB ad in the EE for a H1/T1 and ordered a LT660HK last night for one.

Just need extended safeties and a form 1 and shes done.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 12:48:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
^ I agree, have a WTB ad in the EE for a H1/T1 and ordered a LT660HK last night for one.

Just need extended safeties and a form 1 and shes done.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/164007/-DSC0349-232762.JPG
View Quote
That looks solid!

You've swayed me...gonna end up ordering the rail deletes and the extended mlok piece from PMM. I still need to figure out how to mount a M620 up front.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:48:19 PM EDT
[#15]
SilencerShops form 1 process is live. Being that I used the SS kiosk for my bolt gun can in April it's easy as filling out some blanks and clicking submit.

This naturally means all phases but the Geissele are complete (4th of July sale maybe?).

Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:37:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Optic setup # 1 is complete

Attachment Attached File

I've got a lt-104 coming and need suggestions for some glass to put in it. This way I can keep the micro on for most uses and swap over to some magnification for plate work at 300-500y.

A 1-4/6/8x seems redundant so I'm thinking about a 2/4-?x option. I like vortex glass and have the 2.5-10x pst as an option.

Any other suggestions? Would like to keep the glass at the $500 price point range as it would be strictly for range fun on plates.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 8:19:20 PM EDT
[#17]
ran 360 rounds through it today, half of which suppressed with my YHM phantom.

In the suppressed setting it was pretty gassy, more than I expected. I assume once cut down with the appropriate gas jet it should eliminate some of the gas. I also noted some stringing with the 20oz YHM can hanging off the end of it once it was really hot (i was hammering plates at 200/300y).

All in all its a sweet shooter cant wait (but will ) for my form 1 and my super scar trigger which should come this week.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 9:25:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
ran 360 rounds through it today, half of which suppressed with my YHM phantom.

In the suppressed setting it was pretty gassy, more than I expected. I assume once cut down with the appropriate gas jet it should eliminate some of the gas. I also noted some stringing with the 20oz YHM can hanging off the end of it once it was really hot (i was hammering plates at 200/300y).

All in all its a sweet shooter cant wait (but will ) for my form 1 and my super scar trigger which should come this week.
View Quote
I hope you have better luck than I'm having with the gas.  Mine was cut down to 10" and came back with a 1.8mm gas jet installed.  It ran reliably but with the can (M4-2000) it was excessively gassy.  I tried jets sized from 1.35mm, 1.4mm, 1.5mm and 1.55mm.  All of those would cycle and lock back while suppressed (still more gassy than i'd like) but it would not cycle unsuppressed (in the unsuppressed setting of course) at all.  I had to step up to the 1.6mm to get the gun to run reliably without the can but now with the can, it is painfully gassy.  I'm not even sure where its coming from, it just feels like it shits carbon in my face and is potentially coming from the seams between the lower receiver and upper and even the buttstock.  This was with lake city M855.  I enjoy the gun far more without the can than with right now and that's a shame.  

My 13" barreled 17s with a 1.35mm gas jet runs beautifully without the can (SDN6) and with it is not gassy in the least bit.  I would very much like to get my 16s to that point but I'm not sure what else to do.  (Note: I've ensured the Piston is clean, gas rings are not aligned, piston chamber is clean, ports on the gas valve are clean...)

Fin, I hope you can figure it out for the both us.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 11:10:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Mine is also stringing them pretty good at 100 yards with my SOCOM RC, damn 16 inch pencil barrel has me going 6 clicks up with it mounted.

I just ordered a PMM lightweight lower rail and PRE and have capitol armory submitting my form 1.

Looks like we will be getting our stamps back around the same time, cheers!
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 6:26:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Mine is also stringing them pretty good at 100 yards with my SOCOM RC, damn 16 inch pencil barrel has me going 6 clicks up with it mounted.

I just ordered a PMM lightweight lower rail and PRE and have capitol armory submitting my form 1.

Looks like we will be getting our stamps back around the same time, cheers!
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 11:45:41 AM EDT
[#21]
I went through the suppressor and blow back thing before; the only solution I found was to use a different can with less back pressure and that helped lower the gas-to-the-face; Surefire Soccom works OK; M4-2000 is no bueno and mini-4 also same thing.

2017-07-03 11.50.38 by ,
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#22]
I get blow back as well, but it's not bad at all with the Sandman-S. FWIW, mine is a factory 10" barrel, and I haven't messed with the gas screws. It's much better than a DI middy setup with the same can.

Link Posted: 7/3/2017 12:10:51 PM EDT
[#23]
I found the blow back comes from the ejection port; it's just lined up close to the chamber and I'd guess with the slower cycling time of the SCAR the bolt is out of battery for enough time that the gasses blow back down the barrel and right out of the ejection port.  I find i usually shoot the SCAR un-suppressed and shot AR's suppressed.  The AR's are going to get dirty anyways and I can silicone mod the charging handle and use adjustable gas system so they work great as a suppressor host.  The SCAR being a bit front heavy already makes a better un-suppressed gun IMO.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 12:25:22 PM EDT
[#24]
No problem making it a mostly unsuppressed sbr.

Might be the edge to go with 11.5" for my length vs the 10-10.5"
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 11:24:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Put the scar in "blaster mode" to see how the VFG works out, I got it roasting hot last weekend.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:30:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Put the scar in "blaster mode" to see how the VFG works out, I got it roasting hot last weekend.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/164007/-DSC0354-245790.JPG
View Quote
how did the PMM stuff fare? did you have to use gloves, or did the rail deletes offer enough protection?
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 2:17:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

how did the PMM stuff fare? did you have to use gloves, or did the rail deletes offer enough protection?
View Quote
Side rails are fine.

The bottom got toasty without gloves but I put 150 rounds through it in under 2 min in our carbine pits. For casual plinking they are fine as well as with gloves on.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:28:04 PM EDT
[#28]
updates:

replaced front sight with damange industries rail (troy micros on the way) and installed the super scar trigger.

wow

It is so badass.

can't wait to shoot sunday
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top