Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2017 2:40:30 AM EDT
Just purchased new SCAR 16S in 'more accurate' FDE color.
Now, I'm looking for a scope in factory finished FDE color as well.
Used to have a Burris TAC30 FDE, and it matched pretty good with my previously traded 16S FDE.
Unfortunately, that model is long been discontinued and I could only find ACOG or other expensive brand.

Does anyone have any recommendation on basic 1x4 scope in factory FDE color?
Don't really want to paint the scope since I want to keep all factory sight markings.
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 6:05:44 AM EDT
[#1]
The tan TA31?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:34:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I was going to go with a FDE ACOG on my 17, but couldn't find any at the time. The rifle is FDE w/ black components though, it looks fine with the standard ACOG on it and I have had a few chances to switch since then but haven't felt compelled to do so. Eotech (flamesuiton) is usually on the lighter side of the tan spectrum, and Vortex Razors are on the darker side. ACOGs are somewhere in between usually.

I'd say it doesn't matter, it's a tool, and all that. But deep down I think most of us can admit we'd rather have a cool looking tool

ETA: the best way to get a match is to get the optic you want then have it coated, but even then just know there's always some color variance.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:19:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was going to go with a FDE ACOG on my 17, but couldn't find any at the time. The rifle is FDE w/ black components though, it looks fine with the standard ACOG on it and I have had a few chances to switch since then but haven't felt compelled to do so. Eotech (flamesuiton) is usually on the lighter side of the tan spectrum, and Vortex Razors are on the darker side. ACOGs are somewhere in between usually.

I'd say it doesn't matter, it's a tool, and all that. But deep down I think most of us can admit we'd rather have a cool looking tool

ETA: the best way to get a match is to get the optic you want then have it coated, but even then just know there's always some color variance.
View Quote
They're out there. Just picked up this last night on GB. TA-11 308 with green horseshoe reticle in FDE...

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/648596863
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:40:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I picked this one up on the EE here.  

Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:37:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They're out there. Just picked up this last night on GB. TA-11 308 with green horseshoe reticle in FDE...

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/648596863
View Quote
That's not bad, yeah they're around but not common. I was in a hurry for deer season at the time and settled for an 11H-308, but it's worked out nicely so far. I think I got it for 850, I'd have likely paid the 1k you got yours for, the FDE ACOGs look nice.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:56:44 PM EDT
[#6]
It looks like FED ACOG is the way to go.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:04:53 AM EDT
[#7]
There was a short run of FDE Leupold VXR patrols done by Optics planet. They are all gone  unfortunately

Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:58:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Yep, deals are out there.  I got a fde ta31 red crosshair with a 3.25 moa rmr, new, on fleabay for 1225.  It's legit, only buy from sellers with conus addresses and allow returns.  It works great on my scar light with a gen3 clip on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top