Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2017 3:41:33 PM EDT
What's the barrel life people are getting out of their FS2Ks?
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:29:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Being a hammer forged barrel, I would expect atleast 15-20K. However, I shoot my FS2000 so sparingly, I suspect I will be gone long before the barrel is unserviceable.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:26:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Being a hammer forged barrel, I would expect atleast 15-20K. However, I shoot my FS2000 so sparingly, I suspect I will be gone long before the barrel is unserviceable.
View Quote
Agree. Semi-auto fire, plus adequate cleaning schedules, and I think other portions of the rifle will give long before the barrel does. At $300 per 1k on ammo you're looking at $4,500 in ammunition expended at 15K rounds. Maybe someone will chime in who has completed an ammo count/consumption test on this rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top